PDA

View Full Version : Plucked String/Mandolin Quarterly

mikeyes
Jan-18-2005, 1:49pm
I have not been a frequent buyer from the Plucked String but I have really appreciated the services and goods offered as they cannot be found (easily) in other places. Now I see that Norman Levine is unable to continue with the work and was wondering if there is anything I or anyone else could do to help during the crisis.

I have had experience editing and publishing a magazine on a quarterly basis (the North American Carp Angler, no mandolin content <G>) and would be glad to do my bit to keep the business and the magazine going if that is possible.

Scott, do you have any more information?

Scott Tichenor
Jan-18-2005, 2:09pm
No additional information at this time. I've known the magazine was going out of business for a week or so as he just didn't have it in him to get it done, and he knew it. Norman was trying to get up the strength to mail a hard copy letter to all subscribers notifying them. I was trying to talk him out of this because, 1) I knew he didn't have the strength or the time and energy to get it done, and 2) he needed to announce it on the web first (my opinion) so that someone else didn't make the announcement for him. But being an old school guy he usually insists in that formality of a letter. Now the decision has basically been forced upon him as I emailed Terry Pender over the weekend and advised him that we make the announcement. Someone essentially let this out of the bag yesterday in an email newsletter so we pushed up the announcement fast.

There probably is something everyone can do but let's wait until I hear back from Terry again. Until then there's no sense in emailing or calling Norman as he won't be there to receive it. He was re-admitted to the hospital last Friday and there's no estimated date if or when he can go home.

John Goodin
Jan-18-2005, 4:19pm
Thanks to Scott for this update. More importantly, thanks again to Norman for his vision and amazing dedication to the mandolin and its future in the United States.

John Goodin