PDA

View Full Version : New Weber

dwsone
Dec-26-2012, 2:52pm
I recieved a beautiful Weber Gallatin A style mandolin for Christmas. I think it's made from sticky tape because I can't seem to put it back down. It has great tone, it's super easy to play and will keep me happy for a long time. MAS is currently in remission!!!

Bob Clark
Dec-26-2012, 2:56pm
Congratulations on your new Weber! I am sure you will love it and it will be "sticky" for a very long time. Post a picture when you get a chance. We'd love to see it.

George R. Lane
Dec-26-2012, 3:19pm
Ah yes, another happy member of the Weber family. Enjoy your Gallatin for many years to come.

FredR
Dec-26-2012, 3:21pm
Congrats on your new Gallatin. I have a Gallatin F and I love it! I am in Little Rock and we have 10 inches of snow on the ground! Happy playing!

jazzjune18
Dec-26-2012, 4:26pm
I know that I have read a thousand times that there is no sound difference between a's and f's. has anyone seen the comparison here on the cafe between the a and f gallatins (I believe it was posted by Mary weber)? I am out and about do cant post the link right now. Just wanted to get your thoughts.

jazzjune18
Dec-26-2012, 4:27pm
By the way OP congrats on the new acquisition. I just played one up in music villa in Bozeman. It easily beat out the kentuckys that were next to it on the shelf.

dwsone
Dec-27-2012, 1:27am
We didn't get a single flake of snow.

Ivan Kelsall
Dec-27-2012, 3:16am
Congrats. on your new Weber. Re.sound difference,i honestly can't say re.the Weber Gallatin,but i have played several other makers "A"'s & "F" styles,& i haven't noticed any differences that would be worth commenting on,
Ivan

trevor
Dec-27-2012, 3:37am
I have Gallatin As and Fs in stock. There's no sound difference that you could put down to the scroll. Of course lots of differences between oval and f hole.

GRW3
Dec-28-2012, 2:50am
My Gallatin Mandola is every bit the quality build as my Bighorn. Bling and material separate them, that's all. As a custom order, they kept in touch during the process.