PDA

View Full Version : Eastman today

MoBob
Dec-21-2012, 11:27am
Opinion question for ya all. Tone and set up wise, how do the new Eastmans compare to the mandos they were making 5 or 6 years ago? Have they gotten better soundwise? Thanks for your input.

Hobo
Dec-21-2012, 1:06pm
My MD-515 of recent vintage -- is awesome sounding. The factory set-up is flawless. I love mine.

Bluejay
Dec-21-2012, 3:06pm
2012 815 Load and proud right out of the box. Perfect set up from the Mandolin Store. Workmanship and finish is very impressive.

Charles E.
Dec-21-2012, 9:04pm
A modest 315 is making me very happy, just because I could not believe the sound for the price. And I am a luthier.

Elliot Luber
Dec-21-2012, 9:40pm
My 605 is a few years old. It wasn't perfectly built, but it was a great value. I wasn't damaged, but there were a few minor issues. Tone wasn't one of them.

jessboo
Dec-22-2012, 10:48am
after owning two early f hole models a 605 about early '05 and an 515 mid '07. i now have an '12 315. the main differance betwwen the early ones and the 315 is. the early ones had a strong mid range and high end but where weak on the bass side. in the 315 they seem to have evened the entire range out where the bass comes thru but still has a great mid range and high end.

shortymack
Dec-22-2012, 1:55pm
Love my new 315 after putting some good tuners on it, lil tone monster, loud as heck and light as a feather.

Folkmusician.com
Dec-23-2012, 3:07pm
Eastman seems to be constantly improving. As you have seen, they actually come to the Mandolin Cafe and ask for feedback, but they also regularly talk to the larger dealers and ask for input. Not that they don't know how to make mandolins, but I really appreciate when they ask for input and some of the suggestions show up in future models.

One thing that also recently happened... Eastman moved Guitar production to its own shop. This was previously combined with everything else and impeding mandolin production. We will not see the full results of this for a few more months.