PDA

View Full Version : MM in the classifieds

Jim Nollman
Dec-20-2012, 2:24pm
I hardly ever get my mouth hanging wide open over a "modern" Gibson mandolin. But this one (http://www.mandolincafe.com/ads/62146) is something else. X braced MM. I'd love to hear it being played. No financial interest.

jaycat
Dec-20-2012, 3:45pm
"The instrument responds to you and just keeps giving . . ."

I love that kind of talk.

lenf12
Dec-29-2012, 10:15am
The maple back is spectacular but the looseness (open spaces) of the scroll really does not satisfy my sense of aesthetics. It just looks wrong and kinda sloppy. ymmv

Len B.
Clearwater, FL

sgarrity
Dec-29-2012, 11:51am
That is one that I would love to pick a few on!

pfox14
Dec-29-2012, 4:58pm
Wish there were more pictures of it.

Mark Seale
Dec-29-2012, 7:07pm
Please keep commerce restricted to the classifieds and communications to and from buyer and seller contained there. The forum is not a place for these activities.

Ebay, online auctions, Cafe Classifieds, direct dealer solicitations: while discussing online auctions or the classifieds is permitted, posting personal transactions for business or self-promotion is prohibited.

EdHanrahan
Dec-31-2012, 9:55am
... but the looseness (open spaces) of the scroll really does not satisfy my sense of aesthetics. It just looks wrong ...

My guess is that the light wood w/ dark binding against a dark background makes the scroll look more open in the photo than it would in real life; probably just about standard size.

So the issue becomes... what color shirt to wear?