PDA

View Full Version : New to the forums - Weber Y2k3 question

chapmanmd
Dec-18-2012, 7:42pm
Greetings all from Southern Illinois. I have been lurking for a bit, but I now have a question.

Long time guitar player here turned Mando freak looking to have my suspicious nature put at ease.

I purchased what I think is a Weber Y2k3 recently. The SN is 348xxx and the inside label indicates it was made in Belgrade, Montana, and is signed by Bruce Weber. I know that they were in Belgrade (post Bozeman) before moving to Logan, but I am just not sure that I have ever seen a Weber label saying Belgrade.

It's not a ton of money, but it's a nice little flat top that I'm having fun playing and I just am trying to figure out if it's legit.

Anything else I can check to see if this instrument is legit? It is solid wood back and sides.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Rodney Riley
Dec-18-2012, 7:52pm
Look in the members list for Mary Weber. Then send her a PM with the info. They might be a little busy now, but sure she will write back to you with the information you are asking. N, Welcome to the Cafe. :)

Sid Simpson
Dec-18-2012, 7:54pm
Welcome aboard! Many of of started out on the dark side...

Weber has great user support. You can call or email and they will provide you with information on the instrument. I purchased a used Weber and had info within a day. Great folks.

JEStanek
Dec-18-2012, 10:00pm
Here is their contact page (http://www.soundtoearth.com/contact.php). Give them a call. Great people.

Jamie

8ch(pl)
Dec-19-2012, 10:46am
Those are very nice instruments.