PDA

View Full Version : Kaufman Kamp Pictures

levin4now
Jan-17-2005, 2:46pm
Hey everyone. I downloaded a free program photo-editing called IRFANVIEW. It has a nice batch conversion feature. I resized all my Kaufman Kamp pics in one shot, and thought I'd share some with you all.

levin4now
Jan-17-2005, 2:48pm
Roscoe Morgan and his Cole A mandolin giving some advice to a classmate in our first class of Kamp this past summer. #Roscoe was a great guy and had a genuine concern for his students. {Roscoe's head is blinded by the glare, but you get the idea of the class setup}.

levin4now
Jan-17-2005, 2:51pm
Pat Flynn, Jens Kruger, and Butch during a breakout session, fixin to play a wicked rendition of B.B.Blossom.

levin4now
Jan-17-2005, 2:53pm
Slow jam - a great place for beginners to pick up on new songs.

levin4now
Jan-17-2005, 2:54pm
Here's the guy I thought I'd get the least out of, but he was flat out amazing. Great lessons and finger exercises he gave us - Carlo Aonzo....

levin4now
Jan-17-2005, 2:56pm
Carlo Aonzo and Tony McManus. An unlikely, yet jaw-dropping duo. (Does anyone have a McManus CD they'd reccomend for some good flatpicking? The one I bought is more of a finerpicking style cd.)

levin4now
Jan-17-2005, 2:58pm
Chris Thile's mandolin teacher and his new Gibson Fern (?) - John Moore.

levin4now
Jan-17-2005, 3:00pm
Let's just say that this concert featuring this trio of mando-monsters left nothing to be desired...Butch, Bibey, Stiernberg.

Lane Pryce
Jan-17-2005, 6:09pm
Alan where was the camp you attended?Looks like a ton of fun!!! Lp

grandmainger
Jan-17-2005, 6:24pm
Am I mistaken or are these the pictures from last year's camp? I'd swear I have seen that slow jam picture before. http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/rock.gif

Crowder
Jan-17-2005, 7:43pm
Roscoe Morgan and his Cole A mandolin giving some advice to a classmate in our first class of Kamp this past summer. #Roscoe was a great guy and had a genuine concern for his students. #{Roscoe's head is blinded by the glare, but you get the idea of the class setup}.
That looks like an awful lots of students for one class. I always kind of pictured it as 8-10 people at a time.

It makes me think back to a day I wish I'd lived differently. Roland White came to town to do an all-day workshop for about 6-7 of us. I signed up, but since I wasn't really into Monroe-style playing at that time I blew off about half the day to go pick up a mandolin that had been refretted. Wish I'd stayed there from dawn to dusk.

levin4now
Jan-18-2005, 8:51am
Lane: Steve Kaufman's Acoustic Camp in Maryville TN. www.flatpik.com. It is a great event. Mandolin, banjo, flatpicking guitar, fingerstyle guitar, fiddle, dobro. You can study whichever instrument you want. Great concerts by the instructors at night.

Grandmainger: I may have posted some of these earlier. Sorry about that. I could find the thread with the pics in it, and I thought I'd put up some new ones. I figured maybe a new member or beginner would be interested. Besides, I don't have pictures of some new Bentrup to put up like everyone else! http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

Crowder: Seeing is believing. Yes, it is a big class. It seemed to work well enough for us, though. If you were too quiet and didn't ask anything, you'd stand a chance of missing out. The instructors seemed good at evaluating where were at, and going from there. I'd never been to anything like it before, so I thought it was awesome.

grandmainger
Jan-18-2005, 9:21am
I may have posted some of these earlier. Sorry about that. I could find the thread with the pics in it, and I thought I'd put up some new ones. I figured maybe a new member or beginner would be interested. Besides, I don't have pictures of some new Bentrup to put up like everyone else! http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif
Alan, not to worry! Always good to see pics of happy mando players. My message was purely out of trying to confirm whether I'm going crazy, or if it was a genuine case of déja-vu!
http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif