PDA

View Full Version : Caught Snyder Family last night

AlanN
Dec-15-2012, 8:44am
at The Greensboro High Lonesome Strings Christmas party and jam. Tell you what, this trio is a force, led by 17 yr old Zeb. His guitar mastery is phenominal. All the Rice stuff, but equally his own thing, Uncanny ability, taste and feel for such a young man. We jammed some in the kitchen afterwards with some other good young pickers, he played mandolin then, but his main thing is the flat-top.

Watch for this guy.

Ole Joe Clark
Dec-15-2012, 9:06am
I saw them in November, and got to jam with them after their show in a private home. They are great musicians and seem to be really nice folks. Samantha is a wonderful fiddler, and Zeb is great on his Henderson D-18. Seven year old Owen took a break on "Down Yonder" in the jam afterward and didn't miss a note. He's the one to look out for. I'm hoping they will come to the Tennessee Valley Old Time Fiddlers Convention in Athens, Alabama, next October.

Russ Jordan
Dec-15-2012, 9:06am
Zeb won the guitar contest at RenoFest a couple of years ago--this year he has entered the banjo contest, so I suppose he's getting pretty hot on the 5 string too. Samantha is a dandy on the fiddle too.

stratman62
Dec-15-2012, 11:06am
I have known them for a few years, wonderfully talented and soundly raised, homeschooled and humble. That is a great family!

Bernie Daniel
Dec-16-2012, 12:48pm
at The Greensboro High Lonesome Strings Christmas party and jam. Tell you what, this trio is a force, led by 17 yr old Zeb. His guitar mastery is phenominal. All the Rice stuff, but equally his own thing, Uncanny ability, taste and feel for such a young man. We jammed some in the kitchen afterwards with some other good young pickers, he played mandolin then, but his main thing is the flat-top. Watch for this guy.

Great kids and family. I finally found a video of them singing -- plenty of ones with red-hot picking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gT_QpKk1TDE

Ole Joe Clark
Dec-18-2012, 8:33am
I saw them do this "Breeze" tune live, and Zeb really showed out on the Henderson, and Samantha's fiddle sounded great. It's on their latest CD "Stages." Did you notice that after each break they look to their Father for his nod of approval? Great family band.