PDA

View Full Version : A New Dude (#70)

blauserk
Dec-12-2012, 2:16pm
OK, despite the location I've posted this thread, the mandolin is not mine--although I'm on a waiting list for one like it. But I hadn't seen any talk here of Lynn's latest creation.

So without further ado, let me introduce Dudenbostel mandolin #70, which is his most recent 1-A model. Now if only I could hear it.

Rick Jones
Dec-12-2012, 10:03pm
Truly a beautiful thing - but Lynn needs to design a wider peghead so there's room for his name up there. :grin:

Glassweb
Dec-12-2012, 10:28pm
Nice!

f5loar
Dec-12-2012, 11:01pm
I believe by now it's okay for Lynn to just go with "The Dude" at the top ! He's earned it. Magnificant wood on that back. True perfection.

evanreilly
Dec-12-2012, 11:10pm
He has used an ornate 'D' on some instruments, tho, not on mine, #38.

Don Grieser
Dec-12-2012, 11:15pm
I'll order one if he inlays "The Dude Abides" in the headstock.

Ivan Kelsall
Dec-13-2012, 4:20am
f5loar - You just anticipated what i was going to say. I certainly think by now that Lynn's abbreviated name is well known enough to ascribe any mandolin bearing the name 'Dude' to that gentleman.
Re.that particular mandolin - it's stunning !! :disbelief:
Ivan;)

PJ Doland
Dec-13-2012, 7:33am
She's mine and she's wonderful.

I'll post a clip when I get around to it after the holidays.

sgrexa
Dec-13-2012, 1:45pm
I saw these pictures on FB and it is a beauty no doubt. Tough to tell from the photos, but is there binding on the back? The finish is inspired by Gilchrist's Ajrs, and I think it looks great. When I spoke to Lynn earlier this year he was firmly in the "carpathian only" camp at least for these A-1 models. He thought red spruce and Carpathian will sound very much alike in time, but right away, the Carpathian "has it". I have seen Dudes with the large "D" on the headstock, and my preference is for the full Dudenbostel. Congrats on the new mando PJ! I look forward to the sound clips as I have one on order as well.

Hey John- Did you go with a Model 4 or 5 with your latest Gilchrist build?

Sean

dang
Dec-16-2012, 10:06am
I'll order one if he inlays "The Dude Abides" in the headstock.

Second!

Goodin
Dec-17-2012, 12:50pm
Very nice. Congradts PJ. I have #61 1A with a Carpathian top. It's one of the best mandolins I've ever played and I feel proud to own it. It sounds just as good as any Loar I have played. Worth every penny.