PDA

View Full Version : The Mandolin Store

OScott101
Dec-08-2012, 10:44pm
I just wanted to post about my recent experience with the guys at The Mandolin Store. I purchased an eastman 815v from them and they were the most professional guys I have had any experience with. They gave me the service of a local music shop even though it was an internet purchase.

In transit, the bridge cracked. I called them when I got the mandolin and they put a replacement bridge and a new set of strings in the mail immediately.

I would recommend them to anyone.

yankees1
Dec-08-2012, 10:50pm
Yep, a great place and great people to deal with !

cayuga red
Dec-09-2012, 8:51am
Yes, Dennis and Brian are the best. I have a Collings MT2V on its way, purchased from TMS.

Jerry LM
Dec-10-2012, 6:42pm
Gotta chime in here, just today purchased a mandolin from Dennis and Brian and judging by past experiences buying from guitar dealers etc. these guys are Tops! What a great little store and I loved the videos they post.. Jerry

FLATROCK HILL
Dec-10-2012, 7:10pm
I just wanted to post about my recent experience with the guys at The Mandolin Store. I purchased an eastman 815v from them and they were the most professional guys I have had any experience with. They gave me the service of a local music shop even though it was an internet purchase.

In transit, the bridge cracked. I called them when I got the mandolin and they put a replacement bridge and a new set of strings in the mail immediately.

I would recommend them to anyone.

I have a question. Are the tops on the factory built Eastmans so uniformly shaped that TMS can just send out a new bridge and it will fit?
I only ask because I've heard such good things about TMS and their skillful set-up work. I assumed that meant individual bridge fittment etc.

rico mando
Dec-10-2012, 7:17pm
I have a question. Are the tops on the factory built Eastmans so uniformly shaped that TMS can just send out a new bridge and it will fit?
I only ask because I've heard such good things about TMS and their skillful set-up work. I assumed that meant individual bridge fittment etc.
bridges need to be fitted to mandolins . in the OP case he will need to fit the bridge himself or have some one do it for him . but if it was only the top of the bridge cracked and not the base then the tops should be interchangeable .mandolins should be checked to see if it needs re-setup again after a year of use

shortymack
Dec-10-2012, 9:09pm
I am disappointed with their setup on the eastman I just got to be honest. The intonation is off and the bridge is not correctly fit. I did get it for a great price but was told it was setup when I asked. I just tried to set the intonation but popped an E string when detuning. Now I got a brand new mando I cant play till I get some strings, which the nearest place is 50 miles away or wait for an online order. Sigh.

I probably should take this up in private with them but Im not looking for anything in return just a little bummed out right now.

Astro
Dec-10-2012, 9:41pm
Its always the E string. Damn E's. Its a conspiracy, I'm telling you. Somethings gotta be done about these E's snappin themselves before its too late and it spreads to the A's.

I've played my share of mando with one E. Know just how you feel. Send the kids out the room cause sometimes ya just gotta do what ya gotta do.

Hang tight SMack.

PS: Elderly will sell you individual E's for like 45 cents a piece. I bought a 6 pack of E's with my last order. They are good to have on hand. That ought to teach those little steel nose hairs --go ahead and snap cause I got plenty more where you came from.

shortymack
Dec-11-2012, 12:10am
Thanks astro.

shortymack
Dec-11-2012, 12:59pm
Update: Dennis went out of his way to contact me last night and is taking care of the situation beyond my expectations. Stand up guy and a great person to deal with. TMS knows how to take care of their customers. Thanks Dennis.

John Duncan
Dec-11-2012, 1:07pm
I bought a red fiberglass mandolin case from them used. It is awesome and so are they!

Austin Bob
Dec-11-2012, 1:21pm
Update: Dennis went out of his way to contact me last night and is taking care of the situation beyond my expectations. Stand up guy and a great person to deal with. TMS knows how to take care of their customers. Thanks Dennis.

Glad to hear it, I would definitely buy there again.