PDA

View Full Version : Celtic Connections

Dagger Gordon
Jan-16-2005, 1:15pm
Well, Celtic Connections is underway in glasgow.

Anyone going to be there?

I'll be there on Monday 24th and Friday 28th January as my son's band The Tassle Bandits are supporting Mozaik (Andy Irvine,Donal Lunny, Bruce Molsky etc) and Lunasa, which I have to say are pretty good gigs to get. My son, who is 17, is a great rhythm guitar and bouzouki player.

I'll be playing there myself (mostly banjo I'm afraid) with Fergie Macdonald's Band on the 29th and 30th.

Lots going on.

Steph
Jan-20-2005, 4:13am
I'm going up to Glasgow on Friday 21st, taking in Kathryn Tickell on Saturday - Shooglenifty are playing that night but it's a standing only gig and I'm too old for that nonsense;-).
I was heading back to Philly on Monday but looks like I'll change that to see Mozaik - Dagger, if I can identify you from you album sleevenotes I'll make contact - hope to see you there.

Dagger Gordon
Jan-21-2005, 1:00am
Hi Steph,

Definitely come up and say hi.

I'll think you'll recognise me ok; like everyone else I look a bit greyer and older.

Here's a pic taken in October if it helps.

http://www.sandraharvie.co.uk/beauly/graphic/tue4_busy_cali.JPG

Looking forward to it.

dagger

AndrewP
Jan-29-2005, 5:57am
I'm sorry that I forgot to check this site before I went up to CC last weekend. Dagger, your son's band was sensational! I was very impressed - they're all very strong players, and just as good or better than any of the other young bands I saw on Sat night (Brolum, Filska and Fine Friday). Mozaik were a revelation - I hadn't seen them before. Also got to the Shoogles on Sunday - got to catch up with Luke the mandolin player - in fact it was him I was with at Mozaik (you may have noticed his hat in the audience!)

Oh well, sorry I missed you. Last time I was up (2 years ago) I managed to catch up with Brendan from Aberdeen who used to frequent this website. Didn't see him this time, and to be honest I dont come on here very often anymore so not sure if he's still posting.

Dagger Gordon
Jan-31-2005, 1:09pm
Andrew,

I saw Luke wandering around at the end, so I guess I would have seen you as well.
Although I've seen him on stage, I've never met him, and in any case I was having a blether with various other folk.

I'm glad you enjoyed the Tassle Bandits. I thought they were very good when they supported Mozaik.
Mozaik themselves were absolutely great. That Dutch guy Rens was a terrific musician. His mandolin playing was brilliant. What a great sound he got. What a gig!

I've just got back from this weekend, so I'm needing an early night tonight. Really enjoyed it this year.

Cheers,

dagger.