PDA

View Full Version : Classifieds postage costs!

G7MOF
Dec-01-2012, 6:11am
I've noticeed recently that sellers are combining shipping with the purchase price. Although, If I were to buy the said item and ask for it to be shipped to the UK they would quote me the actual shipping costs on top of the original price.
If the price originally had shipping to CONUS included, am I not paying 2 lots of shipping to get it to the UK?

PJ Doland
Dec-01-2012, 7:27am
I've noticeed recently that sellers are combining shipping with the purchase price. Although, If I were to buy the said item and ask for it to be shipped to the UK they would quote me the actual shipping costs on top of the original price.
If the price originally had shipping to CONUS included, am I not paying 2 lots of shipping to get it to the UK?

Negotiate directly with the individual sellers. They may not even realize they're doing this when they tell you you'll have to pay actual shipping (instead of the difference).

Or they may be intentionally doing it because of their perceived risk of shipping internationally.

Astro
Dec-01-2012, 7:30am
I'd consider all prices as a starting point for negotiation. That would be a good negotiation point to bring up in the conversation.

I've heard shipping out of country was a lot more hassle although I'm not sure why. With actual shipping cost tacked on, you might be getting a deal.

--HA--simultaneous post with PJ above !

-Good answer ;)