PDA

View Full Version : Strap Sources

Klaus Wutscher
Feb-23-2004, 1:24pm
I´m in the market for a nice, high quality strap for an A style mando. It should be of black leather (blacktop mando), adjustable, durable, not thin (thin straps cut of my blood circulation) and not include any metal parts. Who delivers?

thanks in advance, klaus

John Flynn
Feb-23-2004, 1:42pm
I highly recommend the Long Hollow Leather "Mandolin Softy" strap, $16 and available in black. It is thin at the ends, but about 2 1/4" wide in the middle. The soft leather molds into your shoulder. I love mine! Available from thier website or through Dale on this site.

mandolooter
Feb-23-2004, 2:46pm
I'll 2nd the Long Hollow...quaility all the way thru and very reasonably priced.

levin4now
Feb-23-2004, 4:15pm
Any pics of these long hollows or even kangas?

John Flynn
Feb-23-2004, 4:26pm
There are pix on Long Hollow's site. Also, if you go to the accessories page on Rigel's site, they have a good pic of thier straps, which are the LHL "Mandolin Softy," only with the Rigel logo added.

Klaus Wutscher
Feb-23-2004, 4:53pm
I´m a little confused, because at their web page it seems like they have very nice (ornamented, branded?, braded?) straps, although it looks like they have loops, therefore they can not be used for A styles. Or are these B"!§o or guitar straps?

John Flynn
Feb-23-2004, 5:17pm
The softy strap comes with a leather lace that allows you to make a loop for an F. I just took it off and I use it on my A just fine. Also, it comes long. Once I decided the length I liked I cut off the ends where I wanted it.

mandomick
Feb-23-2004, 8:22pm
Another aye for the softy. Nice and soft and they don't slide or roll down my shoulder.

Brian Ray
Feb-24-2004, 4:29pm
AHHH! I hate it when people are too lazy to put up a link... A little extra work will likely not kill you... (http://www.finecases.com/browse/long-hollow-leather/long-hollow-leather-1756.html)

Sorry, it's a pet peev... http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wow.gif

Feb-24-2004, 4:41pm
OK then
*Shameless plug, look at the bottom of the listing* (http://www.mandolincafe.com/cgi-bin/classifieds/classifieds.cgi?search_and_display_db_button=on&db_id=8823&query=retrieval)

cbogle
Feb-24-2004, 9:07pm
I recently received one of the straps from Dale, and I recommend them highly.

Uh, the check's in the mail--right Dale?

Seriously though, they are priced right, and of high quality.

Ted Eschliman
Feb-24-2004, 9:43pm
Me, too.
Long Hollow. Thumbs up.
I'm on my 3rd one from Dale, as well.
Soft, simple, and built for comfort.
The straps. I mean.
Not Dale.

(On second thought, maybe Dale, too.)

neal
Feb-25-2004, 8:28pm
Klaus, what the heck is a heen? #I'm missing something here, but I've wondered for a while now....

I know they lose their mystique when you have to explain it, so you decide. Just like jokes.

Km1000seth
Feb-27-2004, 9:19am
Where In Mineola are you Dale? I think I want one of them straps, I live in Kilgore. I think its bout 30min to Mineola.

Seth

Feb-27-2004, 10:28am
Seth, my phone # & address is on the listing I linked to above......Dale

bflat
Feb-28-2004, 7:22pm
the quest for the right strap is not quite as bad as the search for the elusive tone but similar, i've got a pretty good collection, everything from old belts to kangaroo hide, i also just got a longhollow from Dale and its my favorite right now.

bflat
Feb-28-2004, 7:26pm
actually you asked about "classy". i assume you mean unique. for that i would check out the leather workers at the various festivals, flea markets, farm shows several of these guys have offered to custom build a mando strap at reasonable price.