PDA

View Full Version : Lebeda

donavit
Jan-14-2005, 3:51pm
How do the Lebeda mandolins stack up.

danb
Jan-14-2005, 4:11pm
Search for old posts about this.. there've been a couple of threads. The summary was mostly positive. I'm a very happy owner of an F5 premium plus.

Lee
Jan-14-2005, 4:30pm
I never played one but certainly like the appearance of their J5 two-pointer. Some points are diminutive, some are almost outlandishly long and stick out too far. Lebeda's are just right, with a perky gentle upswing to them. There was one on the Classifieds recently and it didn't last long.

Dave Voyles
Jan-14-2005, 5:43pm
I can't speak for the mandolins but have an A5M Premium Mandola that I love. Great sound, good cosmetics and workmanship.

quayhog
Jan-15-2005, 9:41am
I have an F-5 premium plus varnish and I love it. Its definitely a legacy grade instrument.

Ken Sager
Jan-15-2005, 9:58am
Someone had a beautiful Lebeda at the Mandolin Symposium last year. I vividly recall its terrific tone and outstanding fit/finish. They are very nice instruments. I don't own one, but I'd definitely keep them on the high value list for their current prices.

Best,
Ken (Pomeroy, Gibson, Bussman & Collings owner...)

MANDOLINMYSTER
Jan-15-2005, 9:53pm
I have a really nice F5 standard with a almost black overall finish(slight sunburst),workmanship is flawless, plays like butter and has a real nice bark. I am considering selling it though,because I'm into the vintage stuff.Yeah its a sickness..... http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/tounge.gif

Albert Whiting
Jan-15-2005, 11:33pm
i have the f5 premium plus and it is awesome. i have had a sam bush model, weber fern, rigel ct110, capek, and pricetone, this is the best mandolin i have ever had by far. the finish is perfect and it has killer tone and volume. i got mine from jeff at mandolins.net.

luckylarue
Jan-16-2005, 9:15am
How do Lebeda Mandolins stack up?

Very carefully! http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/mandosmiley.gif