PDA

View Full Version : Visit to Dave's Guitars in LaCrosse Wi

icuker
Nov-10-2012, 10:13pm
Went to Dave's Guitars in LaCrosse WI. Of course, besides drooling over the six string instruments he had a few Mando's as well. I got to play a Collings. I must say I was very impressed. I have a 505 Eastman, which I do like but after playing the Collings it was like, "Wow". It was so light and resonant I could actually feel the vibrations against my body as I played it. The action was so cushiony soft too. The tone was very sweet, as well. I realize it's priced about 3 1/2 times my Eastman but the quality was certainly there. I couldn't get it out of my mind the rest of the day and drive home.

Leigh Coates
Nov-10-2012, 10:54pm
Did you see his big collection of electric guitars upstairs? That was such a treat, a real museum of guitar history.

icuker
Nov-11-2012, 6:05am
Yes, I did go upstairs. That is a "Wow" experience for sure. I roughly counted around 400 guitars. All older, vintage stuff. Amazing. And these were electrics and archtops, not sure where he has his acoustics. Plus all the old amps. I asked the store salesmand how many guitars in the store and he said about 2500 or so. And all the new Les Pauls! Something else for sure. The other thing I noticed is the large selection of left handed guitars. Being a righty I don't appreciate what lefties go through on instrument selection. I hardly see a single offering in most stores, but Dave's has a lot for both Acoustic and Electric left handed guitars.