PDA

View Full Version : instructor of the month for Mandolin Project

picksnbits
Jan-13-2005, 3:37pm
I wasn't around for the origination of the Mandolin Project, so maybe this sort of thing has already been thought of and discounted.

Would anyone be interested in attempting to occasionally draft (beg, coerce, blackmail) a "master mandolinist" to direct the project for a month. Maybe they would pick a song, possibly providing tab and/or a recorded example. We would all practice, record and upload as usual, the difference being that feedback would come from the master of the month as well as other members.

What'ya think?

fmspinc
Jan-13-2005, 6:23pm
Sounds good to me .. have you someone in mind to start with ?

picksnbits
Jan-13-2005, 9:26pm
Yes, but I'm not sure it'd be polite to name names before talking to him, and I'd like to know if there's interest before that.

Bluegrasstjej
Jan-14-2005, 5:46am
It sounds good, because I know it's not easy to look up recorded examples etc and tabs, maybe that person could also find easier versions for beginners. It seems that the beginners got lost somewhere after REdhaired boy.. It sounds like a good idea.

craig
Jan-14-2005, 10:16am
i'd certainly be open to this. i'm very far from "master mandolinist" myself, and it would be great to get input from the likes.

sbarnes
Feb-02-2005, 1:32am
sounded like a great idea to me but didn't seem to have 'legs'.....maybe this 'bump' will get it back in front of the populace.....

250sc
Feb-02-2005, 12:16pm
What songs are you doing next?