PDA

View Full Version : Warren Ellis Signature Tenor NG

Mercury
Oct-25-2012, 9:42pm
Hi,

Been awhile since I've posted hereabouts, but have recently purchased one of these from 555 Music in Melbourne, Australia, after suffering a serious attack of G.A.S, based on some of the clips featuring it on Youtube.

Looks-wise it's stunning, slightly smaller than a regular guitar and coming from a 6-string/bass background I don't notice the issue surrounding its wide-spaced bridge. Since getting it I've swapped out the pick-guard for the tortie model.

However, it's the strangest sounding instrument I've ever amplified. The problem is that I'm actually struggling to find a place for it sonically as I mainly play electric guitar these days, but have ordered "Rockin' Mandolin" by Bob Grant, in the hope that it will help fill in some blanks. Nonetheless, a solid 7 out of 10 for this little axe. A black version with a tortoiseshell pick-guard would look absolutely killer.

Mike Herlihy
Nov-09-2012, 1:30pm
My suggestion is to approach like playing a mandola. I do have one and find two/three finger chords work best. Suggested book:

http://www.amazon.com/Just-For-Fun-Mandolin-Edition/dp/0739064665/ref=pd_bxgy_b_img_z

Try "Jumping Jack Flash"