PDA

View Full Version : Octave Mandolin Case

Luthier
Feb-23-2004, 4:55am
Can anyone tell me where I might be able to find an Octave Mandolin case?

Don

Jim M.
Feb-23-2004, 11:03am
My long-scale OM, 24.5", fits nicely in a standard TKL banjo case.

grsnovi
Feb-23-2004, 2:26pm
My Peterson Celtic 'zouk is also in what appears to be a standard TKL banjo case.

If you were to send me, measurements, I'll measure it for you...

Gary

Luthier
Feb-23-2004, 7:21pm
Thanks. #A TKL tenor banjo case will work fine. #It fits fine in my standard banjo case so it should be fine in a tenor.

Don

Potosimando
Feb-23-2004, 11:15pm
If you go to the FQMS website...then click on cases...then banjo...you will find another link that lists the inside dimensions for the various TKL banjo cases (and many other cases, of course). #That's more or less how to get there anyway; am sure there is a shorter way to get there, but I am also sure that you will find your way to the dimension site one way or another (i.e. through FQMS, if #not more directly)--very easy.

That's what I did last week for my octave...found two different models that fit my OM just fine. Ordered the $85 TKL #7838 (+$15 shipping). #The other models that fit were more $.

Luthier
Feb-24-2004, 4:54am
Thanks for you help. I just have to show you my new baby!!!
I just finished stringing it up on Sunday.

The proud Dad,
Don

grsnovi
Feb-24-2004, 11:46am
What wood did you use for the sides/back?

Did you do a headstock inlay?

How does it sound?

Luthier
Feb-24-2004, 12:46pm
The top is Sitka, the sides and back are Black Walnut.
This was my prototype of the kits. #I don't have any inlay on the peghead of this one. #I mainly wanted to see how the kit went together. #I really like the sound. #The kits will be available in about 3 weeks and full size plans will be available in late April.

Don

jmcgann
Feb-28-2004, 9:13am
A guy named Jack Clark in England makes them for Stefan Sobell. Great cases!