PDA

View Full Version : Breedlove String Spacing

jackmalonis
Oct-09-2012, 10:27pm
Howdy cafe-ers!

Does anyone know the string width on the Breedlove FF's from the outside G to the outside E-string, as measured at the saddle?

I'm asking because I need to tell the folks over at Cumberland Acoustic so they can appropriately slot the bridge I'm ordering.

I asked Breedlove almost two weeks ago and they never responded to my email... so I'm tired of waiting.

Thanks!

greg_tsam
Oct-10-2012, 7:26am
I measured mine with a cheap pair of calipers and it measured right at 44mm. I've attached a pic for you.

This doesn't answer your question but maybe it will help you in other ways. http://breedlovemusic.com/mandolins/american-series-mandolins/ff

jackmalonis
Oct-10-2012, 11:38am
Thanks Greg, Yeah I think that'll be what I need.

Is it important to note the spacing between the insides of two pairs as well?

Markus
Oct-10-2012, 1:29pm
I never had luck through email, think that goes to a different whole building ... I would call Breedlove, explain what you need to get from their mandolin setup person.

I've had to leave my number to get called back, but of my three calls, two were returned within an hour or so, one the following day. Every time it was the exact person I needed calling.

The guy who did mando setups [Jason?] was great to talk to, we chatted about mandolins for a good 15 minutes past when my questions were answered. My other call I think got one of the guys who build them, it took him about a minute to give me the info I needed.

I would call, expect to leave a callback #. Most likely the best person to answer you is in the middle of working on an instrument ...

greg_tsam
Oct-10-2012, 1:40pm
This has been my experience also but they are usually pretty busy when I call.

Markus
Oct-10-2012, 1:41pm
Yup, I never get anyone immediately ... but I've always got someone via callback. Not so much email.

Folkmusician.com
Oct-10-2012, 3:37pm
I just calipered an FF bridge and it matches Greg's at exactly 44mm.

It looks a little wider in the image:

mandobassman
Oct-10-2012, 9:27pm
Reading this has made me want to check my Breedlove OF. Mine measures 43mm. Interesting, I thought they would be the same. I had to check a couple of times, but it is clearly 43.