PDA

View Full Version : Sound Clips...

Murphy Slaw
Sep-29-2012, 6:58am
Please forgive my ignorance, but I'm an old player in a digital World. Where's a good place to host audio, and how is it done? I've got some acoustic instrumentals on a Tascam DP-01 FX and don't know how to put them online.

Thanks,

Murph.

David Lewis
Sep-29-2012, 8:32am
Why not yoube? Or there's always soundcloud.

billhay4
Sep-29-2012, 9:55am
First, you create a digital file of the recording on your computer. You have to choose a format for the file. MP3 is a good one, but there are many others. After the digital file is created, you have to upload the file to your audio host. I can't advise you on hosts, but the above post mentions two. After they are uploaded, they are available to everyone.
Bill

shortymack
Sep-29-2012, 11:37am
+1 to the above post. I personally like soundcloud as the host site but there are others like soundclick and boxnet {which I do not recommend, they removed one of my all original songs once after a claim of copyright infringement}

Murphy Slaw
Sep-30-2012, 7:49am
Okay. Here goes my first try.

http://soundcloud.com/ben-dummitt/01-kelly-blue

Bluman
Sep-30-2012, 9:23am
I enjoyed that very much!!

Murphy Slaw
Sep-30-2012, 10:16am
Thanks Bluman, and thanks David, Billy and Shorty. This is like a new World for me......

shortymack
Sep-30-2012, 12:24pm
You did it! Sounds great too. You've got a follower. :)

Astro
Sep-30-2012, 3:31pm
Great job !

billhay4
Oct-03-2012, 10:14am
Good job, Murphy.
Bill

Murphy Slaw
Oct-04-2012, 5:54am
You're all too kind. I had a hard time thinking digitally. Still do. I'm from the "push record" generation and to think of sounds as files is weird.

billhay4
Oct-04-2012, 2:01pm
You don't have to think digitally really. You just have to learn the steps and follow them blindly like a lemming. Record is still record; you're just recording different stuff. Instead of sound waves being converted to electrical impulses, they are being converted to numbers. They still have to be converted back, just like with an analog recording.
Bill