PDA

View Full Version : M. marshal and M. Hedges together

sam b
Jan-08-2005, 2:27pm
I don't know if this is the right category for this topic - problem with genre boundaries, but I remember reading somewhere that Mike and Darol were at one time touring with Michael Hedges. Is that right? My question is: were they playing together or separately? I don't know how it would have worked exactly, being that Hedges was his own band-in-a-box, but together I bet they would have made some pretty wild music. I wonder if there was some serious jamming going on after shows, or if anyone ever got the three of them together on tape. That would be something.

SternART
Jan-08-2005, 5:45pm
I know they were at one point,all on Windam Hill, and there were Windam Hill tours.....so, I imagine there were times they were on stage together....
and I know they used to play with Michael Manring, the fretless bass whiz, back in the Montrose Band days, that was a cool band with
Barbara Higbie on piano, Todd Phillips or Manring on bass and sometimes Anday Narell on steel drums. Boy....that was awhile back, I saw them play
maybe a half dozen times as Montrose.

AlanN
Jan-08-2005, 6:52pm
uh, maybe Montreux? Montrose was, I think, a metal band a la Spooky Tooth, that sort of thing. Btw, whatever happened to Hedges?

manjitsu
Jan-08-2005, 7:03pm
Micheal Hedges was killed in a car accident in 1997.

I only got to see him once back in the '80s. He was performing alone and pretty much blew my socks off. Never heard of anything he did with Mike Marshall, but #MAN that would be something to hear!

Chris Rorrer

PhilGE
Jan-08-2005, 7:07pm
Btw, whatever happened to Hedges?

Here you go. (http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=8528&pt=Michael%20Hedges) R.I.P.

Montreux it was. I wore out the tape I had of them many years ago.

http://img.epinions.com/images/opti/4a/bd/126882-music-resized200.jpg

-Phil

SternART
Jan-08-2005, 7:12pm
My bad on the spelling.....as I recall they named themselves after playing at the Montreux Jazz Festival. The live CD is illustrated above.
I oughta get that out for a listen....been awhile.