PDA

View Full Version : I got to play a Heiden this past weekend

Charles E.
Sep-09-2012, 7:50pm
I just got back from the Rockbridge festival today. While there I ran into this guy, Henry, who proceeds to pull out of his Suburu, a Gilchrist, a Derrington era master model fern, a pristine Lyon and healy asymetrical A, a pristine Gibson white face A-3, and a Heidon (2006) F-5. Now I am not a bluegrass player and I am not enthralled with F-5 mandolins as some people are but the Heidon has to be the most beautifully made and best sounding mandolin I have ever played. It just knocked my socks off! I actually felt giddy playing it. Now I understand why the owners of these are so passionate about them. It totally blew the other mandolins out of the water.

sgarrity
Sep-09-2012, 7:55pm
Yessir, they are second to none. There's no tellin' what Henry will pull out of that Subaru!

Jim Gallaher
Sep-10-2012, 9:22am
That would be Henry Heckler, a fixture at festivals in Virginia. I think he lives in Buchannon. I saw him roaming about at the same Rockbridge festival and we talked about Heiden. A friend has one and loves it.

billhay4
Sep-10-2012, 10:24am
Michael makes a great instrument; some of the best.
Bill

UsuallyPickin
Sep-10-2012, 11:49am
Mr. ,heavy on the mister, Heiden makes a wonderful mandolin .... I would love to own one but I have to have someplace to live...... and keep my other friends out of the weather.... R/

trevor
Sep-11-2012, 2:41am
Michael's mandolins are up there with the very best.

Ron McMillan
Sep-11-2012, 4:03am
My new ambition is to have a Subaru like that.

rm

Austin Bob
Sep-11-2012, 9:35am
My wife has been wanting a Subaru. Maybe I can convince her to get a "fully loaded" model. :mandosmiley:

pjlama
Sep-11-2012, 10:13am
My wife has been wanting a Subaru. Maybe I can convince her to get a "fully loaded" model. :mandosmiley:

Good call, would you like the mandolin option sir?

Markus
Sep-11-2012, 12:43pm
Good call, would you like the mandolin option sir?

The only issue is the price on that option, not sure I can sell my wife on a line-item that costs more than the car.

Charles E.
Sep-11-2012, 6:41pm
You got that right. Oh and it also came with a couple of "extra's". ;)

Mike Romkey
Sep-12-2012, 11:24am
Put me down as a Heiden lover.

rb3868
Sep-15-2012, 1:38pm
Did you play Haydn on the Heiden? sorry, could not resist

SternART
Sep-17-2012, 12:02am
Mine was great on Jazz chords!! Each note would ring out like a choir, you could hear the individual parts within the chord.