PDA

View Full Version : Red Bear Picks

twangjunkie
Aug-30-2012, 2:01pm
Just wanted to pass along that there is a website in Ontario called the Pick Shoppe that has incredible prices on Red Bear picks that they have in stock, he's closing out his Red Bear inventory which he says is about $6,000.00 and blowing them out @ $12.00 plus $4.00 shipping. I have no affiliation with the Pick Shoppe just ordered one myself and thought other people might be interested. He also carries Wegen, Golden Gate, and Dawg picks just to name a few.
Rich

Cheryl Watson
Aug-30-2012, 2:33pm
Do you have a link, Rich, because I tried to find that shop and my key words takes it to the V-pick site and I can find no other site. Is this shop online?

Pete Counter
Aug-30-2012, 2:37pm
there is a link on the v-pick site that goeth here http://www.thepickshoppe.com/

Cheryl Watson
Aug-30-2012, 4:35pm
Thanks Pete, for some reason I did not see that link.

twangjunkie
Aug-30-2012, 7:55pm
That makes sense because they sell V-picks also.

Clement Barrera-Ng
Aug-30-2012, 8:22pm
I order a few myself. Thanks for the heads up

Mike Bunting
Aug-30-2012, 9:13pm
Hell, I'm not paying $12 for a flatpick, of all things!

Sid Simpson
Aug-30-2012, 9:32pm
Thanks for the heads up. Ordering a few myself.

Mike Snyder
Aug-30-2012, 9:49pm
Thanks for the link. Who ever HEARD of such a thing, $12 for a PICK? I only ordered one, sorta like in protest.

Elliot Luber
Aug-31-2012, 3:37pm
Hell, I'm not paying $12 for a flatpick, of all things! Here we go again:whistling:

sgarrity
Aug-31-2012, 6:16pm
I wouldn't play with a Red Bear if you paid me. After the third one broke in my hands.....not a chance. Complete junk. Blue Chips are far superior IMHO. YMMV and all that.......

Mike Snyder
Aug-31-2012, 7:13pm
I like 'em and keep a couple in my arsenal, along with some Wegens and a BC. I busted one clean when closing a case, nice straight diagonal break. Super-glued it and dressed the squeeze-out and it's like new. It is a really thick one, though, and a simple break. RB gives me the best tone, I think. The BC is fast and loud, but maybe a bit harsh or brassy. The Trimus 250 and BC do not shift about in my grip, which is nice. I still use a RB for solo or duet stuff, just really great tone. I don't have other expensive hobbies, besides nutrition, so a few bucks on picks is no big deal. I got me a job, long time now.

I think if I'd had THREE break in my hand, Shaun, I'd be done too.

rb3868
Aug-31-2012, 10:04pm
I simply can't fathom paying $75 for a pick, unless it could just float in front of the strings and do all the work

Mike Bunting
Aug-31-2012, 11:16pm
I simply can't fathom paying $75 for a pick, unless it could just float in front of the strings and do all the work
Where are these $75 picks?

mandobassman
Sep-01-2012, 2:53pm
I'm not sure how this got mentioned in this thread. No one mentioned anything about a $75 pick until rb3868 mentioned it. He may be referring to this (http://shop.bluechippick.net/categories/TD/?price_min=67&price_max=75&sort=featured). It's a 2.5mm teardrop from Blue Chip.

Mike Bunting
Sep-01-2012, 4:37pm
I'm not sure how this got mentioned in this thread. No one mentioned anything about a $75 pick until rb3868 mentioned it. He may be referring to this (http://shop.bluechippick.net/categories/TD/?price_min=67&price_max=75&sort=featured). It's a 2.5mm teardrop from Blue Chip.
Well, there you go. Too small and pointy for me though.