PDA

View Full Version : My baby - Eastman MD-305 (artistic shot—proper pic coming later)

Cron-Z
Aug-21-2012, 1:15pm
Hey there... I've been lurking these forums, without registering, for quite some time now. It was time that I formally joined the forum.

About two months ago, I dove into the wonderful world of mandolin. I set out to buy a super-cheap Epiphone mando, but hated the sound so much. I knew no amount of setup could make it sound like I wanted. Next to it was another mando—matte finish, A-style (that I love) that was a hair more expensive than what I had budgeted... but I liked the sound. It was a Eastman MD-305. Minutes later, I was out the door with a lighter wallet. ;)

Since then, it has been fully setup by a luthier.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m74akgS7oI1r8c465o1_1280.jpg

I will post "regular" shots later.

Bryan Gunsher BG Pups
Aug-21-2012, 1:27pm
Very nice!!!

Randi Gormley
Aug-21-2012, 1:35pm
Yeah, I'm a big fan, too. Congrats, and welcome!

JEStanek
Aug-21-2012, 2:34pm
Nice photo and welcome to the Cafe. I hope you get years of enjoyment from your Eastman.

Jamie

ducky
Sep-13-2012, 10:01am
I have the same one. They play so nice and keep their tune even with new strings. worth it!!

Ivyguitar
Sep-13-2012, 11:01am
You made a very wise move by getting good equipment right off the bat. My first mandolin was an eastman too. You should be ready to buy your next one any day now!

Mike Crocker
Sep-13-2012, 11:30am
Nice. There are a number of Eastmans at the local mom'n'pop and they all sound very nice though one is particularly outstanding. Good bang for the buck too.

Enjoy.