PDA

View Full Version : Busking in Dublin? (NMC)

allenhopkins
Aug-10-2012, 9:41pm
If so, you're now required to know at least 20 songs, according to Public Radio International:

New Rules for Dublin Buskers (http://www.theworld.org/2012/08/dublin-buskers/)

Had no idea this was a problem, but apparently there were too many limited-repertoire street musicians.

No idea whether the fact that all Irish mandolin music sounds the same, would be a violation of the rule (hey, jus' kiddin', really...).

billkilpatrick
Aug-11-2012, 9:15am
i know hundreds of tunes - remembering them is the problem

Beanzy
Aug-11-2012, 1:48pm
What if you busk but don't sing?
Or are one of those classical groups who play concerti?

bmac
Aug-13-2012, 7:07am
I am looking for a job.

Are they hiring busking police???

Do I get to carry a gun?

moosryan
Aug-13-2012, 1:17pm
This is great! When I lived in Dublin a guitarist and I used to busk on the streets. Before going out for the first time we systematically made a list of all the songs we were sick of hearing buskers play and agreed never to play them. Rule #1: Cross off all Mumford and Sons

deadonkey
Aug-13-2012, 3:28pm
*dublin busker*

I have waaaaaay more than 20 tunes. I'm about to fit a pickup in my mandolin so the amp thing might be a problem. (not mentioned in article but part of the new rules

citeog
Aug-13-2012, 4:53pm
Does this mean that an amplifier is mandatory now? You'd need a Marshall stack if Dublin Bus goes by your spot. The brakes on some of those buses would wake the dead:o)

Paul
*dublin busker*

I have waaaaaay more than 20 tunes. I'm about to fit a pickup in my mandolin so the amp thing might be a problem. (not mentioned in article but part of the new rules