PDA

View Full Version : new Larry Muth mandolin

Daive
Aug-10-2012, 4:02pm
I recently recieved my new mandolin from Larry Muth and what a beautifull instrument he built for me I asked him to darken the sunburst, it has a Nova Scotia red spruce top,maple body\neck,1 3\16" wide neck with guitar frets, James tailpiece. Wonderfull playing and sounding mandolin radiused fingerboard (new to me) this mandolin is hard to put down great highs and lows I am a very happy camper many thanks Larry Dave York.

Ivyguitar
Aug-10-2012, 4:12pm
I really like Larry's modern headstock design. Looks just like the alien from Indpendence Day.

Wanderer
Sep-12-2012, 8:56pm
I just noticed this thread. What a great looking mandolin. A fantastic looking top. Congratulations.

Steve-o
Sep-12-2012, 9:00pm
Great looking dark burst Dave, and beautiful wood figure. I like your choices. I bet it sounds as good as it looks.

Skip Kelley
Sep-12-2012, 9:05pm
Yes, an awesome looking mandolin! I love his peghead shape!

OldGus
Sep-12-2012, 9:54pm
That's a real beauty, thanks for sharing.

fatt-dad
Sep-13-2012, 6:33am
mine's done and it'll ship when he returns from B.C. I got the snakehead peghead. Same nut width, red spruce, and curly maple. I also have the worm-under a-style tuners.

Looking forward to my new mandolin!

f-d

Clicker
Sep-13-2012, 9:49am
I really like Larry's modern headstock design. Looks just like the alien from Indpendence Day.

Snake head? Alien head? Welcome to the 21st century! I'll never look at it the same again. Is this the model that you have to wear a tin foil hat to play?

All funnin' aside, my congratulations to Mr. Muth for a fine looking piece. -H

Charles E.
Sep-13-2012, 6:06pm
Sweet. I love the headstock.
Looking forward to seeing Fatt-Dad's