PDA

View Full Version : Morris #242...

mehrsam
Aug-07-2012, 7:36pm
After admiring Sonny Morris's mandolins through posts on the Cafe, I pulled the trigger and ordered #242. Flat cedar top, maple back & sides, radiused ebony fingerboard w/ a 1 3/16" nut and upgraded Grover tuners. I supplied the tailpiece and a K&K Mandolin Twin pickup which Sonny installed.

The workmanship is beautiful and the sound is first rate. It's clear and balanced with plenty of volume. Sonny's mandolins are a superb value, and I'm proud to finally own one.

Fstpicker
Aug-07-2012, 8:02pm
Very nice. I've been watching his classifieds also, and his mandolins seem to keep getting better and better.

Congratulations.

Jeff

Mo Soar
Aug-07-2012, 8:04pm
Looks lovely! I've seen two of his f bodies in the Classifieds recently - one was sold while I was dithering over it and the other is priced a tad too high, but that walnut-backed 2 point is just gorgeous.

harper
Aug-07-2012, 8:08pm
Congratulations on your Morris, Mark. I have Morris Mandolin A4 #195, born January 2011. It has a Western red cedar top, big leaf maple back, sides, and neck, and ebony fretboard. Sonny made it with a custom narrow neck, 13 inch scale, and regular rather than jumbo frets. This makes it very easy for my small hands. It sounds warm and melodious and makes noodling and writing tunes such a pleasure.

I agree with you they are a superb value.