PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know about the washburn m3swk?

McMahon
Aug-06-2012, 1:38am
I'm thinking about getting it at the end of summer, it would be my second mando. I have an entry level Ibanez, and I played the m3swk at guitar center and it sounds nice. Anyone have any thoughts on it? Thanks!

thekammissioner
Aug-08-2012, 8:42pm
I just played the same mandolin at my local guitar center about a half hour ago... Sounded good but the craftsmanship just wasn't there for me. It was lacking in the attention to detail department, in my humble opinion. I don't know what your budget is, but from my experience and what I've heard on here, you can get a lot nicer of an instrument for that price.

Capt. E
Aug-09-2012, 9:09am
Don't go there. It probably won't be a significant improvement on your Ibanez. I would look at Kentucky, Eastman, and The Loar mandolins first (all made in China like your Ibanez and the Washburn, but much better quality). If you would like a "made in the USA" instrument, then consider one of several small builders or even Weber or Collins if you have the money. One of these can be an instrument that will last you the rest of your life.