PDA

View Full Version : Kentucky KM 300E

firemando
Jan-03-2005, 7:20pm
Just curious to see if anyone has heard anything about the Km 300E- It is Kentucky's new solid body 4 string-Looks pretty sweet for the $, but you know how that can go--Any feedback on these lil' babies would be great! Peace.

Turner Burner
Jan-04-2005, 10:09am
i bought a 300 e and unfortunately it arrived damaged beyond repair and i returned it to the merchant.

however, i also picked up a gibson mandobird 4 string for about $200 from musiciansfriend and am delighted with it, especially for the price.

my only complaint is that the E string is somewhat dead and i am in the process of getting a replacement pickup - then it should be killer.

anyway, i recommend looking at the gibson over the kentucky.

TCM

firemando
Jan-05-2005, 3:40pm
Thanks for the help--Who has the mandobirds in stock?Thanks!!

John Flynn
Jan-05-2005, 4:33pm
I played a 300E in a store. Pros: It looked good and seemed like it was made well enough for the money. I liked that the tailpiece would accept both loop and ball end strings and that the fretboard was radiused. Cons: It was quite heavy for its size, the neck seemed too narrow and the tone going through an amp was just OK - nothing to write home about. But for the money, it seemed like a good buy. I almost took it home.