PDA

View Full Version : Red Hot Chili Peppers

Kirby161
Feb-22-2004, 12:19pm
I was listening to "Cabron" by the chillipeppers today and i was wodering this;
Would it be possible to put songs by the chilli peppers into mandolin and sound decent?
I realize that not all of their songs will work but im thinkin like
My Friends
Under The Bridge
Road Trippin'
Cabron
or some others.

spud
Feb-22-2004, 4:32pm
Thrash your head ALOT!...no shirt!...you should be fine!

Do you have any tatoo's?....always a plus!...

They seem like they'd be fun to play with!

-----------
Boyd

mandocrustacean
Feb-22-2004, 5:41pm
I think tremolo on Aeroplane would sound cool.

Kirby161
Feb-22-2004, 6:21pm
if you just listen to cabron it seems to sound perfect for a mandolin.

Songbird
Feb-22-2004, 7:02pm
I agree with you about Cabron, it'd probably work really well. My sister is a huge fan of the Chilli's at the mo and she'd probably cringe if I tried to convert any of it to the mandolin!

ira
Feb-22-2004, 8:49pm
anything can be done on a mando. it might change the sound, but it will help you make it your own. my partner thought i was nuts when i suggested acoustic guitar and mando version of psycho killer by the heads- and guess what- nuts or nut it sounds great. go for it and then share the tab or a sound clip with us.

mandotremo
Feb-25-2004, 5:41pm
yes its possible, only i hope you convert it to mando, i can, maybe i can tab them out sometime. i play almost al guitar music on mando, sound really cool, even cooler. its really fun to play.

Michael H Geimer
Feb-25-2004, 8:23pm
I been thinking for a while that mandolin is likely a pretty good funk instrument. It could step in and probably do a better job than a guitar with all those tight clean funk rythyms.

I say, "Go for it!"

ira
Feb-28-2004, 9:54am
i think if explored, the mando is a great instrument for just about any genre. those who pushed the limits have certainly found that to be true. so funk should be great!

Jingles
Feb-29-2004, 9:23am
I play around with Californication which always draws a few chuckles. I'm not sure if it's my sorry playing or the fact that I'm doing it on a mandolin.

Kirby161
Mar-11-2004, 12:51am
Ok so its going pretty good right now, after you get through the intro its the same 2 measures over and over again.
However,i was only able to do this on ""Finale" so i dont know how to send it around to whomever should want it.

RATFINK
Apr-01-2004, 10:16pm
I played Can't Stop on the Mando, and it sound "cute" as most people say...