PDA

View Full Version : Attention Indiana area: getting Mike C and David L

JimRichter
Jan-02-2005, 2:08pm
I'm trying to figure out if it's possible for us to get Mike Compton and David Long to the Bloomington, IN area. #I talked to Mike C. through email recently and discussed what it would take to get him out to our neck of the woods. #There were no dates discussed or anything concrete, since this is exploratory. #So, ultimately, I don't know when this would happen--most likely spring/early summer.

Any case, I'd like some idea as to who would be interested in a two hour workshop (probably limted to 10 to 15 persons) and a concert, or who would be interested in just a concert. #

Don't know if the concert would be a house concert or a small venue concert--again a lot depends on the number showing interest and how well I could market the event to the community if it seems we wouldn't have enough interested parties. #I have some connections in the Bloomington community and would maybe be able to get a small venue like Bear's Place or something comparable to it.

Drop me an email or post here. #I'll also be posting to CoMando. #Let's see if we can't get them to the heart of the midwest (maybe they could get something in Louisville and Chicago if anyone has connections out there).

Jim Richter

earthsave
Jan-03-2005, 11:23am
Fall of 2003, Andrew Jerman hosted Mike Compton in Columbus, IN and had enough people for two workshops of I believe 20 each workshop. A very good workshop, BTW. I think it was 4-hours, which may work better or even longer, since Mike has lots of interesting stories to share.

I'd be interested and can send out to my lists as well.

mikeh
Jan-03-2005, 4:50pm
I live due east of Cincinnati, I would definitely come over for Compton. Let me know. F5fern@yahoo.com
Mike Harris

JimRichter
Jan-04-2005, 5:53pm
Mike emailed me and it seems that he and David are doing a midwestern/southern swing through in February. Mike said that Wednesday 2/9 would be an ideal time to swing into Bloomington. He did say that there is the possiblity that they might be in Louisville on 2/10, but David has yet to get confirmation for this.

Post or PM me if any of you are interested in 2/9 and I'll scramble to see what venue options we have.

Jim

mikeh
Jan-04-2005, 10:07pm
2/9 is real good.Count me in

JimRichter
Jan-06-2005, 3:10pm
LOVERS OF OLD TIME MUSIC

I am pleased to announce the following concert date for Mike Compton and David Long:

Date: #Wednesday 2/9/05

Time: #7:30PM to 9:30PM (Doors open at 7PM)

Location: #the Monroe County Historical Society in Bloomington, IN
202 6th Street
Bloomington.Indiana
812-332-2517

Cost: #$10

This concert is not associated with the Monroe Co. Historical Society, so please do not call them for details. #This event is being promoted by myself and local old-time DJ Mike Kelsey of WFHB radio. #For information, please email Jim Richter (richter30@mac.com). #I don't wish to give out my home phone in a broadcast email, but if you wish to talk with me by phone, please email me/PM me and I will provide my number or will contact you if you email me yours.

In regards to a workshop, it appears that we are able to do a workshop with as few as 8 people. # Cost would be $50 for a 2 hour workshop with both Mike and David. #If we do a workshop, it would be held at the lovely Grant Street Inn in Bloomington. #The stickler is that it would be an afternoon workshop (like from 3 to 5PM). #If I get at least 8 interested parties who can commit to this time, we will do a workshop.

JimRichter
Jan-08-2005, 8:36am
Cafe members:

This is a great opportunity for one of Mike's renown workshops. This week I need to confirm the room for the workshop, so please, if you want to come to the workshop, please let me know ASAP. I know it is a hard one due to time of day/day of week, but it'll be a great location and a fun one to be at. Price is $50 per head for 2 hours. So far I have 3 confirmed participants. Mike needs 5 more to hold the workshop. Email or PM me your interest.

Thanks, Jim

JimRichter
Jan-12-2005, 3:04pm
Howdy all

My call goes out for (almost) a last time for a Mike Compton/David Long workshop Wed. 2/9 from 3P to 5P. The workshop is being held at the Grant Street Inn in Bloomington, Indiana. Cost is $50 and there are still available spots. Concert ($10) follows that evening at 7:30PM at the Monroe Co. History Center.

I know the workshop is during a work day for most people, but what better reason to call in sick or take a mental health day!

Please contact me if interested

Thanks

Jim Richter

Below you'll see the poster I've designed for the event--download it for your desktop (as a reminder as to what you will miss if you don't go!)