PDA

View Full Version : Any Suggestions?

yoods
Feb-22-2004, 9:07am
One day a while back I was wiping down my mando with a rag I thought was clean. Later while playing I found it was one I had used before to polish my instrument. Consequently, I have residue polish on the back of the neck and can't seem to get it off. Ant suggestions?? Thanks!

JiminRussia
Feb-22-2004, 7:42pm
What kind of finish is on the neck? What kind of polish was on the rag? I think that the answers to these two questions will help us determine what can be used to remove the polish. If all else fails though, it sounds like a good excuse to remove the finish from he back of the neck altogether. It makes or a real nice feel in the hands and the web of your hand between the humb and forefinger wont stick to it any more while moving up and down the neck. The down side is that you have to be sure that your hands are clean beore you play or the wood will eventually get a blackened tint to it from what comes off of your hands. There are some that put a french polish on the bare neck, but I have never tried that. It seems to me that it defeats the purpose of taking off the finish just to put on another one, but some say that the french polish lets your hand slide freely as if there were nothing there.

yoods
Feb-23-2004, 1:22pm
I believe it was Martin or Gibson polish, or similar. Thanks for the thoughts, but I do not want to remove the finish, just want to remove the residual polish from the neck. Thanks!

yoods
Mar-16-2004, 7:06am
Hi, Just putting this out there again as I didn't get many thoughts. Any offers to suggest to help? Thanks.

Tom C
Mar-16-2004, 7:11am
I would of thought it would wear off by now.

racuda
Mar-16-2004, 11:59am
Soap and water on a rag will remove wax or polish, and will not harm the finish.

yoods
Mar-17-2004, 6:03am
Nah, stil there (not as much of course). Thanks.