PDA

View Full Version : Rock Finish Electric Mandolin

Ian H Weston
Jul-08-2012, 6:32pm
Hi Everyone,

After the madness of the glow in the dark mandolin, I made this one with a rock finish. I have to find some serious players to give me some feed back. Specs are:

- Grover mini tuners
- Dual action truss rod
- Bound ebony fretboard with 19 frets, all clear from the body. 12" radius
- No heel neck through body construction. Quarter sawn flame maple
- Bone nut
- Seymour Duncan Cool rails pickup
- CTS Volume and Tone control
- Switchcraft Jack
- Ash body, strings through
- Custom made brass string retainer
- Adjustable Graphite bridge
- Carved top
- Straplock ready strap pins

Cheers,

Ian

wwwilkie
Jul-08-2012, 7:34pm
Nice work Ian!

Paul Busman
Jul-09-2012, 5:19am
Nice job!

Ian H Weston
Jul-09-2012, 7:47am
Thanks Wyatt. It was great meeting you at the Montreal Guitar Show. I'm working my way upwards. I'm sure these electric mandolins (http://www.ottawaguitarrepair.com/services/custom-mandolins) will gain in popularity.

Cheers,

Ian

Nice work Ian!

Ian H Weston
Jul-09-2012, 7:47am
Thanks Paul.

Ian

wwwilkie
Jul-09-2012, 10:25pm
Great meeting you too Ian. I have to say I really like your designs and they look extremely well made. They've got great form and are very unique to say the least. Very impressive! Keep going man!

Leroy
Jul-10-2012, 9:33am
I checked out your site and think your mandos are beautiful. Glad to see that you are not doing the same old tired designs and methods.

I have been using "Stone" paint on my instruments for a few years. I really like it for a lot of reasons.

* Doesn't show finger prints
* Inexpensive
* Fast paint schedule
* Easy to repair dings
* Has a nice tactile feel
* Hides a multitude of sins

Keep up the good work.

Ian H Weston
Jul-10-2012, 2:08pm
Thank a lot Wyatt, that means a lot. I do strive to always deliver the best I can make. After all, I have to meet the fine craftsmanship that musicians see on instruments like yours. I will keep going until my name gets out there. It's only a matter of time.

Great meeting you too Ian. I have to say I really like your designs and they look extremely well made. They've got great form and are very unique to say the least. Very impressive! Keep going man!

Ian H Weston
Jul-10-2012, 2:11pm
Hi Leroy,

Thanks for the compliment. I really want to always make something different, that's what will make me stand out. There are already so many doors you can knock on if you want a strat/les paul/PRS.

I like the rock finish for the same reasons. Prep is so easy, and it looks great. That resonator tele is awesome.

Cheers,

Ian

I checked out your site and think your mandos are beautiful. Glad to see that you are not doing the same old tired designs and methods.

I have been using "Stone" paint on my instruments for a few years. I really like it for a lot of reasons.

* Doesn't show finger prints
* Inexpensive
* Fast paint schedule
* Easy to repair dings
* Has a nice tactile feel
* Hides a multitude of sins

Keep up the good work.

Chief
Jul-11-2012, 10:28am
Very cool. So is this baby for sale?

Ian H Weston
Jul-11-2012, 10:44am
Hi Chief,

Yes, it is, and so are all the others. Send me an email at shop@westoninstruments.com if you have an interest, and so I can send you more pictures.

Cheers,

Ian Weston
guitar repair ottawa (http://www.ottawaguitarrepair.com)

Very cool. So is this baby for sale?