PDA

View Full Version : Workshop Schedules

banjoboy
Jun-22-2012, 2:40pm
I've attended the Monroe camp for the last three years. I was thinking about going this year as well. But as of today, there is still no instructor line-up, curriculum, etc. I've decided to attend the camp in Ashville this year. No knock against the Monroe camp, or any other camp that is being offered this summer/fall. I had a great time at Owensboro with all the folks that taught the classes, and my fellow enrollees...but I needed to make a decision and get enrolled in a camp before it was too late. I noticed that the Symposium in California didn't list their classes until just a few weeks before the camp. I realize that getting instructors and class info together must be a huge chore, but I would think that it would be in the workshops best interest to try to get the info out as soon as possible so that potential enrollees could make informed decisions. People interested in attending the camps have to make travel arrangements, get time off work. Not meaning to gripe, but just giving some thoughts that might hopefully be considered by promoters in the future.

mandolirius
Jun-22-2012, 3:52pm
You're absolutely right! On both counts. It is a huge chore but the info needs to be online in a timely fashion. IThe website should list instructors as they are hired and classes can be posted, even if the teachers are still to be determined.

Phil Goodson
Jun-23-2012, 10:34pm
I've attended the Monroe camp for the last three years. I was thinking about going this year as well. But as of today, there is still no instructor line-up, curriculum, etc. I've decided to attend the camp in Ashville this year.

Which camp is that? Are you speaking of nearby Swannanoa?

banjoboy
Jun-24-2012, 1:19am
Which camp is that? Are you speaking of nearby Swannanoa?

Yep. Should be a good one.