PDA

View Full Version : Blues Licks ala Clapton/Robert J

Amandalyn
Dec-28-2004, 7:57pm
It's not exactly mando- but I can highly recommend the DVD or CD of the new Eric Clapton recording- Sessions for Robert J. In the video there is some great acoustic playing that could easily transfer over to mando. The video has a lot more cuts than the CD. Recommended!

ira
Dec-29-2004, 9:11am
will definitely get this one, although i still love my mando licks and have no prob adding in a sweet low down tremolo for that only to be heard on mando effect. i do go with the crucian on the general concept that you can take licks from any instrument and plug a mando in to fulfill that function in the song.
thanks for the tip! i've also been listening to lots of bbking and muddy waters-these days and lots of good stuff to take.

duuuude
Dec-29-2004, 12:05pm
Yeah, I gotta check it out too, been playing my own version of Hot Tamales and am dying to hear what Clapton did with it.

Amandalyn
Dec-29-2004, 5:04pm
Duuude...
Hot Tamales/Red Hots is not on the CD- only the DVD- and to me it's one of the hottest cuts! I also heard Clapton will be taking this show on the ROAD!!! Can't wait. Another advantage of the DVD is you get to see all the cool guitars they play.

Martin
Dec-30-2004, 8:16am
Hey Amadalyn and duuuude
"They're Red Hot" is on Eric's earlier album "Me and Mr. Johnson" great album.
You really need to check out the album by Peter Green and Nigel Watson "Hot Foot Powder" excellent blues.

duuuude
Dec-30-2004, 11:50am
Cool, thanks for the info. I hear that Cream is getting back together as well for European shows only at this point.

nobleheart
Jan-12-2005, 12:07am
On EC's original Unplugged dvd/cd Andy Fairwhether Lowe picks out some pretty tight mando leads.