Jun-13-2012, 7:55pm
duplicate thread, sorry.

Dave Hanson
Jun-14-2012, 2:27am
Well why didn't you delete it then ?

Dave H

mrmando
Jun-14-2012, 2:36am
Dave: Try starting a thread and then deleting it. Let me know how you make out.

Dave Hanson
Jun-15-2012, 2:06am
There used to be an edit/delete function, not there now it seems, or does it not apply to new threads ?

I unfairly commented on someone some years ago , he got in touch with me privately and asked me to delete it, which I did.

Dave H

Ed Goist
Jun-15-2012, 7:26am
Dave; within a certain period of time (maybe 90 minutes?) one can edit or delete the content of any post they have made, but if that post is to a new thread they created, they can not delete the thread itself (only the contents of the post). I believe only a moderator can delete a thread.

Dave Hanson
Jun-17-2012, 3:49am
Thanks Ed, I understand now.

Dave H

journeybear
Jun-17-2012, 9:44am
You can't delete posts, either. Stuff happens. Usually saying "duplicate, sorry" is enough. Sometimes I go back and change the type color to white, or just delete the text altogether. Either way, it just looks like a blank pane. Just a suggestion, should you ever ...

But yes, Dave, I understand that it used to be possible to delete posts, or so I've heard before. But that was before my time, nearly five years now, so I have never been able to experience that sort of relief personally. Oh well. Onward and upward. :)

mrmando
Jun-17-2012, 12:55pm
Changing the color to white? Brilliant! I never thought of that!

Ed Goist
Jun-17-2012, 2:22pm
Not only brilliant, but it's also a sort of code, as those in the know can highlight the text with their mouse and still read it!

journeybear
Jun-17-2012, 3:32pm
Hey! Watch that kind of talk!!! :mad: This is a family forum, dammit! :mad: