PDA

View Full Version : new to forum/new eastmans

Dec-24-2004, 9:17am
kudos to the mandolin cafe forum, buffalo brothers and eastman for helping in my purhcase decision.When I recently decided to get back into mandolin I wanted to gather all the info I could on whats available in todays market. I found this forum very helpful in gathering that information from just reading the posts here. I also am impressed with the help from Steve and Chris at Buffalo Brothers. I wound up getting an Eastman 615 from them, and now I'm getting an 805 A from them. I have found that value for the dollar the Eastmans are way out front. If they continue to develope their product line and stay with good quality they will take a large market share imo. http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif jhb

flairbzzt
Dec-24-2004, 9:47am
Welcome to another convert. I'm on my secong 615-traded in a chestnut for a blonde.......check out Steve Perry @ Gianna Violins for an Eastman fiberglass case (limited colors available)if you don't have one-they don't last long!

Dec-24-2004, 9:55am
I may have to try a blonde too when one is available. I think steve may have had a 915 in blonde. Bet that is nice., but the 600s and 800s are more in my price range. Also would like to see the 614/814 oval hole f styles. jhb

Stephen Perry
Dec-24-2004, 7:32pm
Blonde is only supposed to be in 915. But I had a blonde 615 and there have apparently been blonde 815 models. 814 and 604 I've had were really quite nice. I rather like the balance and tone of the F4 type setup, 12 frets to the body and oval hole.

gnelson651
Dec-25-2004, 10:55am
Ditto jhb. I also want to thank Steve over at Buffalo Brothers for helping me pick out my Eastman 805. Originally I called to discuss buying a used 605 advertised on their website, but it had already been sold. But Steve told me he had two prototypes for the 805 which were in my price range. After much discussion, and Steve playing each 805 over the phone for me, I bought an 805 prototype, based on Steve's recommendation. He sent it out that same day and I had my new mandolin in 3 days.

I really love the sound and playability of the Eastman, it is an upgrade from my starter mando I received christmans last year. My jamming buddies were amazed at the great sound and quality of craftmanship of the Eastman compared to the its price. I can how be heard in the jam session since the Eastman is so much louder than my little Morgan Monroe MMA-1. Kudos to Eastman and Buffalo Bros. for making and providing such a great mandolin for those of us that can't afford the monster mandos.