PDA

View Full Version : Getting a hot foot (nearly)

Tim2723
May-19-2012, 11:24am
Here's a dumb thing not to do:

Last night I knew the 9v battery in my mandolin was on its way out, so I stuck a brand new one in my pants pocket to install on the first break. In the same pocket was my car key which managed to short across the terminals. You wouldn't believe how hot that gets! Don't do that.

catmandu2
May-19-2012, 11:27am
Well if it makes your playing real hot, this seems an easier approach than even hypnosis or visualization. Can you patent it? (like, "Pants 'o Fire" instant mandolin mastery method...)

chriss
May-19-2012, 4:57pm
Can you patent it? (like, "Pants 'o Fire" instant mandolin mastery method...)

you'll prolly want to work on the "Pants 'o Fire Extinguisher" in parallel.
It's a sure-fire (get it??) revenue uplift.
and might reduce your liability insurance costs slightly too ;)

nobullmando74
May-19-2012, 6:05pm
Here's a dumb thing not to do:

Last night I knew the 9v battery in my mandolin was on its way out, so I stuck a brand new one in my pants pocket to install on the first break. In the same pocket was my car key which managed to short across the terminals. You wouldn't believe how hot that gets! Don't do that.
This has happened to me years ago. I was working for a music store and walking around talking to a customer. I guess because my pants were loose because I felt this heat on my leg for a second and then it would go away. Then I sat down. Wow! I jumped up quick when the full heat of the battery was pressed up on my leg.