PDA

View Full Version : silverangel

kyken
May-17-2012, 8:45pm
here's my latest i'm working on.....

MikeEdgerton
May-17-2012, 9:23pm
Ken are those figures painted on or decals? They are stunning.

brmichaelpaul
May-18-2012, 1:40am
here's my latest i'm working on.....

SWEET, Saint Michael, very cool! by the way, I have that tattooed on my back
http://www.youtube.com/user/brmichaelpaul?feature=mhee

Tavy
May-18-2012, 4:18am
Very nice work Ken, particularly like the decoration at the top of the back - looks like something from a classical temple or a 14th century manuscript - great!

Wilbur James
May-18-2012, 6:37am
You could go to battle with that ax, you can't lose when the arch angel Michael has your back! Nice job!

Randi Gormley
May-18-2012, 8:32am
Beautiful work -- like the carving at the top too!

billhay4
May-18-2012, 10:30am
I believe they're Ken's original paintings.
Bill

kyken
May-18-2012, 5:44pm
I believe they're Ken's original paintings.
Bill

Yes, I've been a painter longer than I've been a mandolin maker.

Pete Counter
May-23-2012, 9:20am
The painting are great, but combined with the carvings makes your mandolins very classy works of art as well as great mandolins. Love what you do Ken!

Mark Walker
Jun-09-2012, 11:14am
They are original paintings. I have one on my Silver Angel as well, and having visited Ken at his home, his house is also full of world-class original art by Ken. That's a beauty Ken!

OldGus
Jun-09-2012, 11:31am
They sure are pretty! I don't think anyone else does that, Ken is a real class act!

Ivan Kelsall
Jun-10-2012, 1:55am
Very,very nice work indeed Ken.The carving especially looks sort of 'ancient'. Did you leave the back wood in that area slightly thicker to allow for the carving,or is the neck block taking the strain ?,
Ivan;)

kyken
Jun-15-2012, 7:12am
Very,very nice work indeed Ken.The carving especially looks sort of 'ancient'. Did you leave the back wood in that area slightly thicker to allow for the carving,or is the neck block taking the strain ?,
Ivan;)

no, that area is plenty thick enough for the carving already, probably helps the sound if anything. THanks,