PDA

View Full Version : Lonesome Moonlight Waltz

mandopete
May-12-2012, 11:12am
Nice version from Mando Mania at Merlesfest....

With Joe Walsh, Chris Thile, Tony Williamson, Sam Bush and Sierra Hull (..and Scott Vestal, who is hidden)

H04mNw0L8oQ

pefjr
May-12-2012, 2:30pm
Beautiful!

Rob Fowler
May-12-2012, 3:54pm
What a great version! I've been watching all of this persons other Merlefest Mando Mania 2012 videos also. What a treat to all five of these mando maniacs up on stage together.

JMOSS99
May-12-2012, 8:29pm
It has always been weird to me how you always hear the Baker version and not the original Monroe version. You know... all this horsepower and they don't even go for the more bluesy original Monroe version. Maybe some people only listened to records and not live tapes. There is a great tape out there of Monroe teaching Richard Greene how to play it, while on the bus. That is a great version. Of course, you have to teach the guitar player how to play the right cords first. You don't have a chance otherwise.

Jim Moss

Dave LaBoone
May-12-2012, 8:50pm
I was at this performance...what a treat to see these five mandolinists together!! I particularly enjoyed Sam and Chris playing Brilliancy as a duet, but the entire hour was heavenly.

sgarrity
May-12-2012, 9:55pm
This was the best video I saw an it it jaw dropping spectacular. I didn't care for the rest. It seemed like a competition of who could play the most notes the fastest. Those are 5 monster players but I'd prefer them in a different setting.

M1XYDBQ6VKI

pefjr
May-13-2012, 9:09am
Margot Leverett has a very good more bluesy version. It is on Spotify, under Lonesome MIDNIGHT Waltz.