PDA

View Full Version : My new Collings

blindrobert
Mar-27-2012, 5:59pm
This is the Collings I ended up with. It is a much nicer mandolin than I deserve. It's hard to imagine ever needing to upgrade.

http://www.themusicemporium.com/product-detail/product/collings-mf5-sunburst.html

Rosemary Philips
Mar-27-2012, 6:02pm
Wow--gorgeous! I'm sure you'll be happy for a long, long time.:)

JeffD
Mar-27-2012, 6:57pm
MAS WARNING: upgrading is not the only, or even most common, reason to purchase another mandolin. The time may come when you just want another mandolin. You still want this beauty, for sure, but you also want that other one over there.

I'm just sayin....

blindrobert
Mar-27-2012, 7:37pm
Yes, I learned that long ago from guitars...or was it cameras...or was it watches...bicycles, maybe?

JEStanek
Mar-27-2012, 7:43pm
Nice. Congratulations. That looks pretty crisp n clean.

Jamie

pefjr
Mar-27-2012, 7:45pm
Yes, I learned that long ago from guitars...or was it cameras...or was it watches...bicycles, maybe?Wives, boats, mandolins, fiddles, bicycles, motorcycles, cars, pick up trucks, guns, and grass is/are always greener on the ...... yadda ydada. I notice it especially with mandolins and tennis rackets.

Ed Goist
Mar-27-2012, 8:08pm
Congratulations on a beautiful mandolin!
Enjoy, and play on!

Dan Margolis
Mar-27-2012, 10:26pm
That's a stunning mandolin.

Lil Chubs
Mar-27-2012, 10:34pm
I have a much cheaper Collings (the MF satin finish) and am completely in love with it. Collings makes a helluva good mando, and the MF5 is close to the best that they produce. Congratulations and play on!

FYI...I have noticed that after playing the crap out of my Collings that it is starting to open up some after about 2 years. It is a 2004 but was unplayed basically until I acquired it in 2010. Long live Collings I says!

Jim Roberts
Mar-27-2012, 10:49pm
Yes, I learned that long ago from guitars...or was it cameras...or was it watches...bicycles, maybe?

Bicycles, mandolins and watches? Now we're talkin'! Speaking of bicycles and mandolins, I am trying to find a pannier for my rear bike rack that is large enough to carry my mandolin while riding my "townie" bike.

Hope your beautiful Collings gives you many years of happiness. It looks like a dandy.

blindrobert
Mar-28-2012, 8:06am
Jim, you need one of these:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/blindrobert/3605361304/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/blindrobert/2064681706/

I can fit my mandolin and my wife in the front of the orange one!

Roberto

nobullmando74
Mar-29-2012, 11:38am
This is the Collings I ended up with. It is a much nicer mandolin than I deserve. It's hard to imagine ever needing to upgrade.

http://www.themusicemporium.com/product-detail/product/collings-mf5-sunburst.html
I had an MF5. It was a nice mandolin for sure. Although I ended up selling mine ,I still think Collings makes a fine instrument.

jstout
Mar-30-2012, 10:51am
Man, that's nice, hope it sounds as good as it looks.
good luck

blindrobert
Mar-30-2012, 11:59am
JStout - if it does not, it's probably the user and not the mandolin.

jstout
Mar-30-2012, 8:28pm
JStout - if it does not, it's probably the user and not the mandolin.

Well then enjoy the ride, i dont know about you but, I doubt seriously anyone will pay to hear me play, so whats the hurry, I really like this little instrument called mandolin and hope you do too.
If and or when i get good enuff, might get me an MF5 too.
good luck man & keep on pickin, that MF5 is a looker for sure.

Mike Thomas
Mar-30-2012, 8:41pm
Nobull, you are going to be a very happy player! Can't wait!

Robert Mitchell
Apr-03-2012, 9:50am
Congrats..I think you'll make this one a keeper!!

mfeuerst
Apr-03-2012, 10:42am
Wives, boats, mandolins, fiddles, bicycles, motorcycles, cars, pick up trucks, guns, and grass is/are always greener on the ...... yadda ydada. I notice it especially with mandolins and tennis rackets.

Except for tennis rackets, mandolins are the least expensive thing on this list of things...wives being by far the most expensive. Puts MAS into perspective doesn't it?

Pete Counter
Apr-03-2012, 11:54am
Except for tennis rackets, mandolins are the least expensive thing on this list of things...wives being by far the most expensive. Puts MAS into perspective doesn't it?

Depending on where you buy your grass.