PDA

View Full Version : Tonerite your Mandolin

jstout
Mar-22-2012, 5:34pm
I have had good luck with the Tonerite on my Martins, and Im afraid the new Mando is going to hafta share time with my favorite D18, Im thinking a Tonerite might come in handy to get the Collings MF to open up some ?
Anyone here use a Tonerite on a new Mando, to get a better tone faster ?

EdSherry
Mar-22-2012, 6:05pm
Yes. There was a very lengthy thread on the topic.

Mike Bunting
Mar-22-2012, 6:24pm
Is there a different model for the mando as opposed to the guitar?

MikeEdgerton
Mar-22-2012, 6:33pm
While you're waiting for folks to answer you might want to scan through these (http://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/search.php?query=tonerite&exactname=0&starteronly=0&forumchoice%5B%5D=&prefixchoice%5B%5D=&childforums=1&titleonly=1&searchdate=0&beforeafter=after&do=process) threads. There are several members here that have experience with the product.

jstout
Mar-22-2012, 7:10pm
Is there a different model for the mando as opposed to the guitar?

yes, I think so.

jstout
Mar-22-2012, 7:11pm
While you're waiting for folks to answer you might want to scan through these (http://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/search.php?query=tonerite&exactname=0&starteronly=0&forumchoice%5B%5D=&prefixchoice%5B%5D=&childforums=1&titleonly=1&searchdate=0&beforeafter=after&do=process) threads. There are several members here that have experience with the product.

thanks I appreciate the link.

ccravens
Mar-22-2012, 10:12pm
They DO make a seperate model for mando, but I have used my guitar TR for my mando also.
So it can be done.

Mike Bunting
Mar-22-2012, 10:30pm
They DO make a seperate model for mando, but I have used my guitar TR for my mando also.
So it can be done.
Thanks, that what I was trying to find out.

jstout
Mar-22-2012, 10:47pm
I sure am glad to hear they will interchange, I did'nt know that.

Ian Rossiter
Mar-23-2012, 12:45pm
Ordered mine last night, the Guitar model. I've got a Gitane DG-300 Gypsy jazz guitar that could use some opening-up. Good to know it'll work on my Breedlove 00 too!!

Ian Rossiter
Apr-21-2012, 1:29am
Just a follow-up; it worked WONDERS on my Gitane!! Really increased the overall volume and interestingly enough...the responsiveness. It's on my Yamaha Nylon string crossover right now, and will be finished the 72 hour "treatment" tomorrow afternoon. I played it for about 10 minutes today to check the progress, and it's already made the guitar much louder,and again...really responsive!!
Breedlove 00 tomorrow!!!

ccravens
Apr-21-2012, 7:58am
Good to hear. Many folks have had the same results.

Ian Rossiter
Apr-21-2012, 11:59am
Well, it turns out, the new guitar model doesn't really fit on the mandolin!!

jstout
Apr-22-2012, 9:48am
Well, it turns out, the new guitar model doesn't really fit on the mandolin!!

Yup you are right, not something I would do to a mandolin........................good luck

ccravens
Apr-23-2012, 2:40pm
By removing a couple of strings, I am able to make it fit fine.

But that is the old guitar model, not the new one.