PDA

View Full Version : Early Stahl Larson Brothers Flatback Mandolin

filmmaker
Mar-14-2012, 9:54am
I also have a Stahl by Larson Brothers Brazilian Rosewood Flatback Mandolin. I've had this one for awhile but the A. Stathopoulo Bouzouki I recently acquired.
Anyone know a tentative value for the Stahl Mandolin? and any other helpful information.

And how much repairs might cost.

I uploaded photos at:

www.photobucket.com/LarsonMandolin

Thanks

BEN
jmac1585@gmail.com

Jim Garber
Mar-14-2012, 11:07am
It is very hard to estimate repair costs without having it in hand. It also depends on whether you just want to make it playable or restore it completely. For instance, you might want to replace that piece of pearl on the border but maybe not replace all the cracked pickguard celluloid since that would be quite a job. You might want to find out whether you can just seal it so pieces don't break off. Then again, if it is celluloid, maybe you should replace but those inlays would also have to be replaced.

As far as value: do you want to sell it?

pfox14
Mar-14-2012, 11:59am
How bout posting some pix of the Stathopoulo bouzouki? Would love to see it.

filmmaker
Mar-14-2012, 12:14pm
How bout posting some pix of the Stathopoulo bouzouki? Would love to see it.

Sure, I posted it on Mandolin Cafe. Here is the link:

http://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/showthread.php?83493-A-Stathopoulo-Bouzouki&highlight=stathopoulo

SunnynVA
Mar-19-2012, 4:16pm
I have 2 Stahl mandolins. One was originally purchased by my Aunt. Love the sound.

DONALD McCREA
Apr-30-2015, 10:05am
I also have a Stahl by Larson Brothers Brazilian Rosewood Flatback Mandolin. I've had this one for awhile but the A. Stathopoulo Bouzouki I recently acquired.
Anyone know a tentative value for the Stahl Mandolin? and any other helpful information.

And how much repairs might cost.

I uploaded photos at:

www.photobucket.com/LarsonMandolin

Thanks

BEN
jmac1585@gmail.com

hi folks…..i also have a Larson Bros. STAHL mandolin…one of the 3 point body models designed by Waech for the Larsons…made in 1935….serial #33014….with the 14" scale body…i just started an auction for this exquisite instrument on Ebay last night (4/29/15)….check it out….thanks….donald [url]http://www.ebay.com/itm/-/171772699247?