PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going to see Del McCoury tonight?

Michael H Geimer
Feb-20-2004, 12:00pm
It was lightly raining when I left for work this morning. But I had the three things I needed - a cup of coffee, the Mid-Mo, and an umbrella. The problem is, I've only got two hands ... so I got a little wet. LOL!

Anyone going tonight?

Bramble
Feb-20-2004, 5:25pm
I'll be there with husband and a couple friends, too!
Right now we're debating how to get there from the east bay...

Looking forward to it!

Michael H Geimer
Feb-20-2004, 5:32pm
Bramble ... didn't we just miss each other at Strickly BG? I'll wear a Cafe T, and maybe we'll find each other. http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

Bramble
Feb-21-2004, 9:36pm
There is no way I could've spotted a Cafe T-Shirt in that room!
We were upstairs - dinner tickets. The food was not worth it, but we had a place to sit and great view.
Downstairs was all standing. Were you down there? How was the sound from there? Upstairs we had a LOT of crowd noise.

But it was a great show - needless to say!

Michael H Geimer
Feb-22-2004, 4:41pm
Bramble,
I was hanging out way up front. My buddy Steve wanted to see Ronnie up close, and we sure were. It was like having them in your living room!

The crowd noise thing was certainly strange. It was clear that the musicians we're hearing it as well. Going back for a program afterwards, I overheard someone commenting, "I don't know who was talking, but it wasn't around us." Of course not, none of us one stole any cookies, did we? http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif Maybe it's just how that room sounds at lower volumes. [shrug]

I still thought the sound itself was fine. Boy howdy, were those guys tight! Ronnie made me want to practice my downstrokes, and my tremolo.

I'm going to check out the festival jam at Progressive Grounds this afternoon. I'm packing a guitar - sorry, I'm humbled after hearing Ronnie! - and might comp chords, might call a tune ... might just sit back and enjoy a cup of hot chocolate. Mmmmmmm

- Benignus

BTW: I loved The Crooked Jades, too! They inspired me to spend my morning learing Carter Family tunes.