PDA

View Full Version : My new Brentrup in the White

mando_pete
Dec-14-2004, 8:38pm
Here is a pic of my soon to be new mando in the white. It is a Brentrup 21V, with Italian Spruce top, radiused fingerboard, slight V on the neck, etc.

Hans has been great to me during the process and I highly recommend him if anyone is thinking of having a mandolin custom built.

Can't wait to play it.

There is a full suite of construction photos to be found at
http://www.moosesnort.com/build/index.html if you want to see more.

-Pete

mando_pete
Dec-14-2004, 8:42pm
Sorry the picture is so small. Don't know what happened.

Let me try again ....

JimW
Dec-14-2004, 8:48pm
Pete, that looks awesome. Hans is doing some incredible work and while I've never had the opportunity to play a Brentrup, I've heard nothing but rave reviews from their owners. I'm sure you'll enjoy it for many, many years.

Now, the wait is the hardest part. I just went through the process myself and the wait is killer, but well worth it in the end. Hang in there and congrats.

Jim Watts

mandopete
Dec-15-2004, 6:54pm
Looks like I have a namesake, eh?

mando_pete
Dec-15-2004, 10:33pm
Mandopete, Didn't mean to infringe on your screen name. I apologize. Since this is a small community I can change my screen name if you wish. No problem.

Just wanted to share Hans' work with the board.

The "other" Pete.

mando_pete
Dec-15-2004, 10:39pm
Jim,

The wait killed me about four months ago when the Mandolin was in the abstract, and I was still on the waiting list, but Hans talked me through it http://www.mandolincafe.net/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif Since he has actaully been building I've been calm as can be.... thanks Hans for putting up with me then.

I still can't wait to get it, but every thing happens in its own time and I'm good now. I especially enjoy concentrating on getting the best tone out of my current mando, knowing that the excercise wil pay off once I get the new mandolin from Hans,

Best regards,
Pete ( The other one).

JimW
Dec-15-2004, 10:43pm
Pete (the other one), I was a basket case the last two weeks. Ward was sending me pictures and from the time I saw it in the white all strung up and him telling me it was a hoss, it was torture. From the nice woods to the feel of it, I just couldn't wait. It paid off in the long run like you say, but it was just a killer wait for me. Good luck and keep us posted on your new Brentrup.

Jim

mando_pete
Jan-03-2005, 10:24pm
Here is a picture of the back with the first coat of stain on it ....

levin4now
Jan-05-2005, 12:44pm
i can see this is going to be a sweet looking mandolin. I can't wait to see more.

Bowzette
Jan-06-2005, 9:48am
I have the #2 A style of this body size that Hans makes. I've had it since last Arpil. It is great sounding and playing mandolin. However, follow Han's instructions as to the finish and the amount of playing you do with it until the finish has finally cured. If you live in a humid climate, add at least a month the the period that Hans says to allow the finish to cure. I learned the hard way, but I live just north of Houston, Tx and we have high humidity.

mando_pete
Jan-08-2005, 10:32pm
I'm in Ohio and it is real dry in the house here right now. I have a room reserved for the mando where the mandolin will have 45% relative humidity while it cures. Any other tips would be appreciated. I'll post more pictures as I get them from Hans.