PDA

View Full Version : BUCK WHITE and MATT GLASER backstage at Joe Val

Second Cousin Curly
Mar-08-2012, 4:27pm
I caught up with mandolinist and Grand Ole Opry stalwart Buck White at this year’s Joe Val Bluegrass Festival. We’ve just posted a highlights from that appearance, including some backstage picking and reminiscing between White and fiddling guru Matt Glaser. Worth a look. Check it out at www.secondcousincurly.com (http://www.secondcousincurly.com).

Yer Pal— Curly

Rob Fowler
Mar-08-2012, 4:41pm
That's some nice videos, Curly. Great blog! Buck White is THE MAN and I've just been starting to get into him so thanks for sharing this!

Ivan Kelsall
Mar-10-2012, 2:51am
Many thanks for the clip Curly.Buck White is truly one of THE elder statesmen of Country Music & it's 'peripheral' genres. That doesn't look like his usual Ellis that he's playing there. It looked as though it might be a Gilchrist - terrific playing 'whatever',
Ivan

MandoSquirrel
Mar-10-2012, 8:00pm
But, why the double post, Curly?

D C Blood
Mar-10-2012, 8:17pm
I think Buck has had the Gil for quite a while, and uses it most of the time.

allenhopkins
Mar-15-2012, 11:44pm
A gazillion years ago, I remember jamming with Matt Glaser in my apartment living room, when he was an undergrad at Eastman School of Music here in Rochester. He was studying classical violin, but also had a li'l bluegrass group called Gray Eagle, with Ken Finkel who later played in Grass, Food & Lodging out in the Midwest, Dede Wyland on guitar and vocals...

Matt went on to fame and (somewhat) fortune, and I went back to work the next Monday. Jeez, I'm old.