PDA

View Full Version : Hector the Hero

Carolyn
Feb-20-2004, 10:56am
When I played Aidan's Humours 3 CD and heard Hector the Hero on it, it sounded very familiar to me. #Has this tune been used in a movie, or on a tv show?

I liked it so much that I've written a tab file for it in A with chords and have sent it to Scott...if he puts it in the tablature, would you all mind checking it out and giving your opinions (good and bad) about the chords I used? #The original tune that I transcribed was in B flat.

Thanks,
Carolyn

danb
Feb-20-2004, 4:07pm
Roger Landes recorded that on "Dragon Reels", a lovely tune. Sounds particularly cool on a mandola or bouzouki!

mandocrucian
Feb-20-2004, 7:24pm
Kevin Burke/Johnny Cunningham/Christian LeMaitre - Celtic Fiddle Festival <span style='color:brown'>Encore</span> (Green Linnet 1189)

Johnny Cunningham plays a fine version of this (on fiddle) backed only by guitar.

NH

tartan phantom
Feb-21-2004, 9:24am
I believe that Wolfstone also recorded a version of it on their 1st or 2nd album...

MandoNoob
Feb-21-2004, 3:28pm
The Wolfstone one is definitive... starts off with guitar and fiddle IIRC, then crescendos into an army of bagpipes about half way through. Stunning bagpipe tune!

Steve L
Feb-21-2004, 4:46pm
The Scottish guitarist Tony Cuffe does a lovely set pairing "Hector" with "The Marquis of Huntley" on solo guitar on his posthumous CD "Sae Will We Yet". I was lucky enough to know Tony...a wonderful musician and great man who is dearly missed by many.