PDA

View Full Version : Rigel G110

ScottS
Dec-13-2004, 9:32pm
Are these things really worth that much $$$$ ME being a electric guitarist, the body shape is like WOW, Electric guitar meets mandolin, PERFECT!!!!!!!!! The price tag is quite steep though! They arnt very traditional, but do they really sound good or, not good enough for the price?

jmkatcher
Dec-13-2004, 10:14pm
It's not an electric, but (at least in my opinion) it does sound wonderful. I've been very happy with mine and would immediately buy another if anything ever happened to it.

ScottS
Dec-13-2004, 10:44pm
it has a piezo pickup in it correct? and I mean its styled very much like a electric guitar body shape wise.:)

jmkatcher
Dec-13-2004, 10:47pm
It has a piezo pickup, but I've only plugged it in once. It has an acoustic sound even when amplified. I also have a Gibson solid body electric mandolin (like a little Les Paul) with a P90 that's fun to play and has the distinct electric sound.

noahrock
Dec-18-2004, 4:45pm
Tis is by far one of the best sounding all around mandolins out there.it also is the only mando i found that still sounds acoustic when plugged in, and i have tried many.

JGWoods
Dec-18-2004, 8:31pm
I think it was modeled after a Strat- certainly looks the part. I love it as an acoustic, but I am not very impressed with the piezo system results that I get- too much pick noise, not much volume, though I haven't spent hours trying to figure out how to make it better.

It is very comfortable to play with radiused edges and fingerboard making it a wonderful player.

best
jgwoods