PDA

View Full Version : Another "good" online buying experience...

Rob Ray
Feb-27-2012, 2:14pm
Hi All,

It seems that we often post when there is a problem with a product or vendor, etc....and nothing wrong with giving each other a heads up! I have also seen positive comments about mandolin services and dealers and I think that's always a good thing as well.

I just bought my second mandolin from Kyle Dunn at The Mando Shop in Florida and wanted to note what a good experience it was. Kyle seems like a great guy and he does a wonderful set up. The mandolins I've purchased from him...a JBovier and a Breedlove... have been expertly packed and came with a good low action that is very playable....

I'm always hesitant to buy sight unseen and something I have not played. It's good to know there are honest people in the Mandolin business that do a good set up and sell for a fair price and will give you the straight answer via email or phone on something that you are interested in! Thanks Kyle!

Rob Ray

Willie Poole
Feb-27-2012, 3:59pm
Rob, What town is Kyle in? If it`s not too far from me while I am down here I would like to go take a look at what he has....I am in the Lakeland area....

Willie

Rob Ray
Feb-27-2012, 5:33pm
Hi Willie,

He is at 518 North Calhoun in Tallahassee.....you can type in The Mando Shop in a search engine to look at his current stock...looks like he has a good stock of Collings...among others. I'd love to go to the shop sometime and next time I'm in Florida, I intend to! I'd love to meet Kyle in person and hear his story of how he got into the business...started out as a violin luthier...I think....

Rob Ray