PDA

View Full Version : Bruhn mandolin by Mike Bruhn

OsoAbstracto
Feb-17-2012, 5:09pm
This is a two point mandolin made by Mike Bruhn of Astoria Oregon. I play in a traveling string band and we have Mando, Banjo, Bass and Viola (reverbnation.com/profanesass) Recently amongst our travels my mandolin was stepped on and destroyed. I have been borrowing cheap mandolins and getting fed up with low quality instruments. Anyway i posted an add on craigslist and asked the world for a quality mandolin. Mike Bruhn responded to my post and contacted me. After meeting up he gifted me this beautiful mandolin to continue spreading the music.
This mandolin looks great andf sounds amazing. the action is awesome and it plays sweet. The sound is bright and warm and fills up a room. Everyne is commenting on its aweosme appearance. I also tried some of his flat iron style A models and they too sounded great and even louder than this one. Now im looking for a hard case to fit this wonderful instrument. Super unique and quality craftsmanship. Check out Mike Bruhn in Astoria at Maverick Music.

billhay4
Feb-17-2012, 7:14pm
I'd like to hear it.
Bill

MikeEdgerton
Feb-17-2012, 7:37pm
For whatever reason this is setting off bells in my head about someone importing instruments with their name on them. I have go look at some old threads.

George R. Lane
Feb-17-2012, 7:41pm
Mike,
I found this thread

http://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/showthread.php?64472-Bruhn-Mandolin&highlight=bruhn

MikeEdgerton
Feb-17-2012, 7:45pm
Yup, that was it. I was just going through the rest of the threads. Some people think these are made in the US, they aren't. That doesn't mean that they aren't nice mandolins, I just like to keep everything on the up and up. Thanks George.

Here (http://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/search.php?query=bruhn&exactname=0&starteronly=0&forumchoice%5B%5D=&prefixchoice%5B%5D=&childforums=1&titleonly=0&searchdate=0&beforeafter=after&do=process) is every thread that references this brand. If these are being built in the US they are doing a great job of copying a pacrim mandolin. I suspect that they are being imported.