PDA

View Full Version : An Evening with Tim O'Brien

dorenac
Feb-17-2012, 8:34am
Last night Tim O'Brien played a gig at our local roots music venue. He was sick, a little froggy in his throat, and yet put on just a fantastic evening's performance. His instrumental prowess was well represented yet not over the top and his tunes were, interesting, humorous, and often very clever. And to top it off, near the end of the evening he brought local favorite and instrumental wizard Danny Knicely to sit in for a half dozen tunes. Those two together topped off the night. You know when a musician is respected by those in the business. Our own local Robin and Linda Williams were there, Jeff Huss and Mark Dalton(Huss&Dalton Guitars) , and previously mentioned local Danny Knicely were all in the audience.

Tom C
Feb-17-2012, 9:22am
Interesting to hear how professionals dealing with being sick the night of a performance. I know Jorma and Barry played one time Jorma was not able to sing. It ended up being an all instrumental night. I once saw Peter Rowan and Tony Rice on a night Peter had no voice. It would have sounded better if Tony did the singing. I had to leave after 2 tunes as I was feeling the pain in my throught of Rowan tying to sing.